Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Agent AC has more/stronger CC abilities?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which Agent AC has more/stronger CC abilities?

NeoRanga
02.20.2012 , 11:27 PM | #1
I just hit 50 with my Juggernaut, now I want to get my agent up there but I'm not sure which path to take.

For end game PVE content I know DPS needs to play smart(er) to help tanks control aggro, as a result I don't think it really matters which class side is damage king since keeping DPS peaked can make it hard for the tank to pull enemy focus.

So that leaves me wondering which AC has the most and strongest CC.

I have some experience with Sith Assassin, after talents I don't think you can argue the CC potential of the sin vs Sorc (mind trap vs AoE 1-3 target tornado). So where does the coin fall for the agent? Or are both ACs pretty even in this regard.

Eliezer
02.21.2012 , 07:58 AM | #2
I can only speak for the Operative, which gets an AOE Mez (10m range) with Flashbang, and the standard Stun (Melee range with Knife) via Debilitate.

It gets a one minute CC with Sleep Dart (10m range) but that requires you to be in Stealth and that the target is not in Combat so it is a lot more limited than say the Consular Force Lift. It can be talented to debuff the mob after they wake, but that has some negative consequences as well. Sleep dart doesn't work on droids.

Agents also get Slice Droid, a 30m range 1 minute CC for Droids only that can be used in combat.

It appears that Snipers get all the same minus the Sleep Dart, but they get a few Root effects that Operatives don't (Cover Pulse and Leg Shot).

Assuming that is correct, the Operative can cc two mobs at once, assuming one is a Droid and one is alive, while the Sniper has more control effects, they can only cc Droids.

NeoRanga
02.21.2012 , 11:51 AM | #3
Thanks

nToxiK
02.21.2012 , 11:59 AM | #4
Snipers have some of the worst CC in the game.

Willowthorn
02.21.2012 , 12:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nToxiK View Post
Snipers have some of the worst CC in the game.
Slice Droid
Legshot
Cover Pulse
Heavy Shot (MM tree talent that adds a knockback to Ambush)
Debilitate
Flash Bang
Diversion (it's a stretch, but it's "remove target from cover" can be a useful CC ability)

Why do you say we have the worst in the game? It's a pretty full toolbox, IMHO. The only thing we're missing is a humanoid 1 minute CC, which our Operative brothers get. For PVE, I think Slice Droid more than makes up for this. For PVP, everything else is borderline OP...it's very rare that I have all my CC options on cooldown. A Sniper is an amazing linebacker in huttball.