Reverse Engineering super fail.

ZedFighter

I've been reverse engineering one (green) item since the moment I learned it from the trainer. The item has now gone grey without one single discovery.

If this isn't considered a major failure, I'm not sure what is.

whats the item?

some items/weapons are bugged, shotguns or was it scatter guns stay green forever and there were a few more but cant remember sorry

Exactly what I was RE'ing. Why the hell isn't this stated somewhere? Just more failure to add to the long list =\

It is.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=258426

Known Issues (Bugs)

Shotguns and Vibroknives: These items do not appear to have RE discoverable schematics. My opinion is that this is an omission or bug, as it doesn't seem right for one pair of advanced classes to not be able to upgrade their offhands.

Yeah, it would be nice if that game gave some feedback that we could see without sinking a lot of time and effort into if something could be REd.

It does already.

"You already know that schematic."

:cool:

Heh - sorry I had to.

Had no problem Re'ing a green item today. It took 5 and I was able to get blue. Blue however is a different story. The time involved in constructing these and the amount of resources it takes to the chances of a successful RE is ridiculous. I understand there needs to be some difficulty otherwise everyone would have access to purple stuff.

I am just frustrated and needed to vent! :mad:

---------

Well, I would say make it easier but now that I am thinking about it... If it were made easier then everyone would have it...

its everything though....if im a level 380/400 artificer than it should not take me 30 items of reverse engineering a lvl 17 item to get my blue schematic!!!!!!!

It's just wrong......all i wanted to do is get this guy to the point where he can help out my other toons and it seems utterly useless.

It does already.

"You already know that schematic."

:cool:

Heh - sorry I had to.

This doesn't apply, since on those items you can't get an upgraded schematic and the game doesn't tell you this. You have to read the forums to figure it out after you've already wasted the time and the credits.

This doesn't apply, since on those items you can't get an upgraded schematic and the game doesn't tell you this. You have to read the forums to figure it out after you've already wasted the time and the credits.

It was a joke. Not great, but not bad for a Tuesday morning.

:D

its everything though....if im a level 380/400 artificer than it should not take me 30 items of reverse engineering a lvl 17 item to get my blue schematic!!!!!!!

It's just wrong......all i wanted to do is get this guy to the point where he can help out my other toons and it seems utterly useless.

I agree with this, at least to the blue levels it shouldn't take a long time to discover the upgrade on the very low level items.

Prototype should be discovered more frequently the higher your level in a given field is for lower level items, the artifacts can remain or be slightly bumped up, but they aren't as big of a concern to me. I'd say an extra .5% chance of discovery for each level above the stated level of the item. So the level 17 barrel would have an extra 16.5% chance of discovery at level 50, and so on.