Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security App

Kansalis
12.15.2011 , 06:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by pbarbosa View Post
This information icon does not exist!!!! i can't get past serial prompt, cancel or go back... closing the app and restarting it does not solve it either
The instructions are not very clear tbh. The information icon only shows up AFTER you set up your app. When it asks for the 7-digit security key on the app, you have to get that from here on the site. As I said above, I can't link it as it doesn't show up for me any more, but check on the mobile app setup pages.

Garrel
12.15.2011 , 06:23 AM | #12
yep go to my account and then security key and then mobile key

will tell you the serial number and an authentication number

put in the serial then the other one
you dont have to fill in the 2nd window when it asks for the authentication number

after you do that, gives you your first serial key that same page on the site will ask for that number

enter that in and you're all set
Squadron 11-11-11

pbarbosa
12.15.2011 , 06:24 AM | #13
check this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=24206

i did the clear cookies/cache thing and it worked

website is broken, system is awkward... its working now

Rynak
12.15.2011 , 11:55 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Garrel View Post
yep go to my account and then security key and then mobile key

will tell you the serial number and an authentication number

put in the serial then the other one
you dont have to fill in the 2nd window when it asks for the authentication number

after you do that, gives you your first serial key that same page on the site will ask for that number

enter that in and you're all set
Odd. I do not see a mobile key option, only a physical key. I wonder if they disabled it and are working on it.
Hatred is merely a tool, just like my lightsaber. When I strike you down in anger with my lightsaber, it is through no fault of your own. I am merely using the tools at my disposal.

D_Hawkens
12.15.2011 , 12:43 PM | #15
You DO NOT want to set up the security key app.

I am locked out of my account because I had to reinstall the app and now it forgot my settings.
Now longer able to log into the game.
i7 970@3.20Ghz (12 CPUs), 12GB RAM, Win7 Pro 64bit, Dual AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 12:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by D_Hawkens View Post
You DO NOT want to set up the security key app.
The same thing has happened to me. After waiting two hours on the phone and then another 10 with a rep, there appears to be no process for removing the security key from your account if you have deleted the app. I don't know when a system for doing so will be in place and cannot play the game for an unknown amount of time.

BEWARE before you set up your mobile security key!!!!

See the thread I started about it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=297721

boracho
12.15.2011 , 01:22 PM | #17
so should i do it or not?

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 01:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by boracho View Post
so should i do it or not?
I would suggest not until they get the issues with the website figured out and there is a way setup to remove the key if you ever have the need.

Viridor
12.15.2011 , 01:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by isntsean View Post
The same thing has happened to me. After waiting two hours on the phone and then another 10 with a rep, there appears to be no process for removing the security key from your account if you have deleted the app. I don't know when a system for doing so will be in place and cannot play the game for an unknown amount of time.

BEWARE before you set up your mobile security key!!!!

See the thread I started about it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=297721
If you backedup to Itunes after installing the app, do a restore from that and the app will work again.

However if you didn't (which you really should have if you reinstalled) then I can't help ya :/