Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

Jenrais's Avatar


Jenrais
02.21.2012 , 09:51 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmarx View Post
Please realise you're a bad player and start to improve yourself instead of flooding the forums with crying nonsense.

Sorcs/sages are mediocre in premade vs premade PVP. They are squishy and easy to kill, the good players are doing it all the time.
Red.....Marry me lool... All this person says is true.I premade in my group all the time and when I encounter a good premade group they all go for me.. =p
"Some people think Im crazy for preordering CE VIP Edition." I tell them, "What else is new?"

SoyChulo's Avatar


SoyChulo
02.21.2012 , 09:52 AM | #262
In the end the devs will make any changes based on metrics and not QQing in the forums.

So yes you can run into a fully DPS specced inq and he throws dots that do massive damage and next time you run into a healer and he is so hard to take down. But you did run into two different specced players. But all you remember is that they were sorcs, so now all sorcs are impossible to kill and can do unreal damage....LOL.

JAVAjedi's Avatar


JAVAjedi
02.21.2012 , 09:55 AM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
The only dps class that has more health then others is...

<snip rant>

A hybrid spec sage/sorc is the most non squishy class in this game. The only people who would make this claim never played another class. The "less health" comment is just silly. This isn't vanilla WoW where you have "spirit" on your gear instead of stamina.

As far as talking about merc/commandos? Why would you belittle the easiest playstyle in the game when you play the second easiest class in the game...

Everyone who plays another class and has tried merc/commando/sage/sorc thinks both your AC's are a joke and that they were put in the game so that bad players could compete in pvp.

BTW merc/commando isn't OP. Hybrid specced sorc/sage is. At least have some clue what you are talking about before you call the hardest to kill (not that it can't be done) or hardest dps class to focus down "squishy".

They could take away the sprint and the class would still not be "squishy". They would just be focus fired easier...
I'll have you know, that I also play a powertech - (granted he's only a lv 24 right now because I just recently rolled him). But he's a tank, and I can still top damage against sorcs in warzones. Honestly, I think people here are just lazy... they don't take the time to learn the in's and out's of their class, so they blame other classes for their incompetency. Is the sorc the easiest class to pick up? Yeah, probably (I'm not arguing that point, I've been playing it since beta), but it's NOT overpowered.

Also, you make it sound like all sorcs are hybrids, and therefore they're all overpowered!
Guess what? I'm full spec madness, and I'm telling you I kick *** because I'm just good, I know how to play my class - not because it has some unfair advantage. Every class has something that the others don't - figure out what it is that yours has and just roll with it.

P.S. I've never played WoW, so I wouldn't know...
Squadron 11-11-11: The Da'Kallig Legacy
Kolatus - Sorceror
Rha'al - Powertech
Sek'nos - Marauder

me_unknown's Avatar


me_unknown
02.21.2012 , 09:55 AM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
If you are a:

Marauder: They are also snared the entire fight, and you can leap to them if they manage to get ahead slightly (due to knockback), and force choke them if they try to force speed away. They aren't going anywhere.

Juggernaut: No contest they will be 100% controlled/unable to act effectively due to your two stuns, knockback, two interupts, and 2X use force leap, and perma-snare.

Any RDPS: Stun them if they force speed. Otherwise just los their casts and shoot them. Unless you are an arsenal merc or another sorc in which case i dont know, you are stuck in place. I guess just try and kill somebody else or sit there trading hitpoints for hitpoints. Super easy to kill as a MM sniper, they were my favorite targets since low armor meant i got to see the big flashy 4K+ crits landing on them.

Assassin: Between stuns stopping their force speed, and your own force speed, they arent getting anywhere. You have pretty much as much control as they do. And if they do decide to run AND you have already been fighting/chasing them for a while (so they should be hurt/low by thispoint) you have 3 ranged abilities you will get off on them (the third being force lightening which assassins can make 30m range with a cooldown)

Powertech: I have no idea what its like to play a powertech

Operative/scoundrel: You dont deserve to kill anything, ever.
let me add for operative/scoundrel: you die during stunnlock doing nothing. well with luck sometimes you get them to 50% if you can break the stunnlock and get a bit away.
but i do not complain about this.

the rest of your post is spot on!

me_unknown's Avatar


me_unknown
02.21.2012 , 09:57 AM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by JAVAjedi View Post
IIs the sorc the easiest class to pick up? Yeah, probably
easiest? for what? pug ranged damamge spamming? commando is easier here. fighting melees? it's one of the most difficult. wanna see the whiners kiting and still being able to kill, doing this in endgame pvp.

Faat's Avatar


Faat
02.21.2012 , 09:57 AM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
If you are a:

Marauder: They are also snared the entire fight, and you can leap to them if they manage to get ahead slightly (due to knockback), and force choke them if they try to force speed away. They aren't going anywhere.

Juggernaut: No contest they will be 100% controlled/unable to act effectively due to your two stuns, knockback, two interupts, and 2X use force leap, and perma-snare.

Any RDPS: Stun them if they force speed. Otherwise just los their casts and shoot them. Unless you are an arsenal merc or another sorc in which case i dont know, you are stuck in place. I guess just try and kill somebody else or sit there trading hitpoints for hitpoints. Super easy to kill as a MM sniper, they were my favorite targets since low armor meant i got to see the big flashy 4K+ crits landing on them.

Assassin: Between stuns stopping their force speed, and your own force speed, they arent getting anywhere. You have pretty much as much control as they do. And if they do decide to run AND you have already been fighting/chasing them for a while (so they should be hurt/low by thispoint) you have 3 ranged abilities you will get off on them (the third being force lightening which assassins can make 30m range with a cooldown)

Powertech: I have no idea what its like to play a powertech

Operative/scoundrel: You dont deserve to kill anything, ever.
For powertechs / vanguards : They're the biggest threat to Sorcs / Sages, because they have all the tools to deal with them, pull with root, leap + root + speed boost, interrupt on a short cooldown, decent damage from up close. If you play in a competitive premade having a powertech / vanguard is, imo, better than any of the other tanks. They deal more damage (being able to RDPS trying to close the gap), maybe less survivability but I feel I'm doing a lot more since you basically can't be CCed out of range (unless mezed or stunned). This game is heavily favoring ranged right now, especially in Huttball.

Redmarx's Avatar


Redmarx
02.21.2012 , 09:58 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Yeah cus rolling a premade and stomping on pugs gives you much better insight...

Also because everyone in this game runs premades on voice com.

Also the "top premades" on my server are garbage. I have beaten them many times solo queuing. Why the hell would I ask a bunch of scrubnubs about class balance when they are forced to run premades against pugs to even compete in this game.

These "top premades" will suck when rateds come out and some of the better solo players (or players that play with 1 or 2 friends) form teams.

LOL at you.
This is exactly why you've been terrible a long time, are terrible now and will stay terrible probably for a long time.

You just refuse to learn and improve.

KilmarFyrewynd's Avatar


KilmarFyrewynd
02.21.2012 , 09:59 AM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by Payneintherear View Post
The only thing broken with Sorcs (aside from the double-dipping on procs) is that the stun, when you break their bubble, is not breakable. You basically waste your CC breaker on it trying to remove it and remain stunned.

Other than that, they are the weakest class at the high-end.
Wow, I so agree with this. I play an Inf Shadow. The sorcs are so squishy when you break their bubble, it's not funny. But it gets stupid when they have a bunch of cc skills and stuns, at least one of which I can't break out of. If I get hit by that stun, the sorc is basically back to near full health and the bubble CD is almost complete. They then bubble up again and dot, heal, dot.

So, I've actually gotten quite a few sorcs by cloaking, mez, heal up. Half the time, they will AoE you out of cloak and continue on.

I would be happy if the stun can be broken. There should not be a cc/stun/snare that cannot be broken.

Also, people need to learn to get out of the lightning AoE and to interrupt the force lightning. Once you do, the sorc is pretty much DOA.

Of course, if there's 3-4 of them (I've actually seen 7 in one wz), you pretty much just have to give up. Know what's the worst feeling? Doing 262K dmg and getting 3 kills playing against 6 sorcs.

da_krall's Avatar


da_krall
02.21.2012 , 10:00 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Yeah cus rolling a premade and stomping on pugs gives you much better insight...

Also because everyone in this game runs premades on voice com.

Also the "top premades" on my server are garbage. I have beaten them many times solo queuing. Why the hell would I ask a bunch of scrubnubs about class balance when they are forced to run premades against pugs to even compete in this game.

These "top premades" will suck when rateds come out and some of the better solo players (or players that play with 1 or 2 friends) form teams.

LOL at you.
Lies, lies and more lies. If you havent left to troll another game before ranking comes out it will be great to see yours.

If your so great like you say you are, make a sorc when the ranking battles come out and play PUGs only and lets see how you do??? until then keep on fudge packing.

Bloodcharged's Avatar


Bloodcharged
02.21.2012 , 10:03 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmarx View Post
This is exactly why you've been terrible a long time, are terrible now and will stay terrible probably for a long time.

You just refuse to learn and improve.
I hear Valor Rank translates into skill.