Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Unofficial Official Debate: Which was better KOTOR, KOTOR 2, SWTOR, SWG, or SWFU?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Unofficial Official Debate: Which was better KOTOR, KOTOR 2, SWTOR, SWG, or SWFU?

Rayla_Felana
02.20.2012 , 06:30 PM | #31
KotOR 2 was best in every single way to me, far superior to the first one in every aspect by many levels, KotOR 2 is the game for those who want to see Star Wars in a much more serious and cynical light on all subjects.

doomlordVII
02.20.2012 , 09:07 PM | #32
KoTOR wins everything
Best story
Best gameplay
Best voice acting (NOTHING touches Kotor)

KoTOR 2 is just bad compared. It was rushed, so its story made very little sense, and in general it was just less polished. It could have been good, but it wasnt. I'd but it after SWTOR. Its not TERRIBLE, but its just not KoTOR.

Basically: KoTOR > SWTOR > KoTOR2
i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz / GTX 570 sli / 8gb DDR3 2000mhz / OCZ Vertex 2 Raid 0
11-11-11 Crew
Early Access Crew

Kestralio
02.21.2012 , 03:33 AM | #33
Star Wars Tie Fighter.

sly_swg
02.21.2012 , 04:30 AM | #34
swg of course: only mmo where you had freedom and there was more than 1 way to play and gear you char, you were only limited by your imagination... which gives the game a very long gamelife (as I said, I expect to be utterly bored by swtor in a couple of months due to no freedom whatsoever, leading to repititiveness)

Wheezal
02.21.2012 , 08:09 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kestralio View Post
Star Wars Tie Fighter.
win!

also, how does the SW:FU get even within 100 miles of the other games on the list? That's like asking what do you like more? bacon, pie, steak, or dog crap.

no dark forces? no x-wing? XvT? Jedi Knight series?

I think if KoTOR 2 had been done, and so much of it had not been stripped out, it would be a serious contender, but it was just too much of an unfinished puzzle.

GoodEnoughForMe
02.21.2012 , 08:25 AM | #36
Both KOTOR games are the standouts to me, as good as TOR is. But choosing a favourite KOTOR game is darn near impossible. I guess in a gun-to-my-head scenario I would pick number two. Obsidian has always been good at making more distinct, and less cookie-cutter scenarios than other developers. It's too bad they became a victim of LucasArts meddling, because their darker, more nuanced take wass very good. Again, both KOTOR games are great, and I have replayed each of them. But I guess, for purposes of choosing one, I'll pick number two. It put a little more life into the Star Wars universe.
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous

Tygranir
02.21.2012 , 08:32 AM | #37
Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Totally win.
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.

FoolsErrand
02.21.2012 , 09:20 AM | #38
Kotor was probably my favorite, it had some bugs (my pc version would always freeze whenever I tried to fight Malek for the first time, but my x-box version was fine) but it had a fun story and was the first time I really got to play as the "jedi/sith".
Swtor is probably my second of the list. It has it's bugs and flaws but I enjoy playing it and it's still being worked on as we speak.
Kotor 2 had great potential but that's like giving us a delicious cake that's only half cooked. Sure it might not be uneatable but it should have been much better.
SWFU was what it was suppose to be. A chance for you to play as the maverick jedi. Do I think it could have been beter? Yes, very much so. Do I wish it had at least half the plot of any "old republic" game? Yes, very much so, but it's still playable. Doesn't have high replay value, which is probably one of its greatest weaknesses.
I never played SWG so I can't comment on it, although most people seem to either love it or hate it.

Honorable mentions go to Empire at War (as well as forces of corruption) and Battlefront. I could never really get into the Jedi Acedemy games.
Never give up! Never surrender!