Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

List - crafting materials and where to find them.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
List - crafting materials and where to find them.

Falconburger
02.20.2012 , 09:42 PM | #1
Anyone got a list?... particularly I'd like to know where to find the blue/purple crafting materials. Does each planet differ?

Swijr
02.20.2012 , 09:47 PM | #2
You get those from missions, not planets.

Swijr
.: System :. | Jedi Covenant | Republic PVP Guild | Chat Info

Mondred
02.20.2012 , 09:56 PM | #3
actually you can pick up crafting materials on planets and they do differ from planet to planet based on your level. Also it's hard to give a list of what materials you can pick up on a planet when we don't know what collection trade you have.

And yes they can be picked up on planets because with Biochem I use "Crafting Materials" which can be my Compounds, Samples, or Crafting Material that I can get from missions but I can pick up the Compounds and Samples on planets and to craft something with Biochem I need Materials which can consist of any of those following things I posted.
Yarryen Y'nori Level 50 Sage - GM of <The Sound of One Han Clapping> on Sith Meditation Sphere

Falconburger
02.20.2012 , 10:09 PM | #4
Thanks - I'm after Armstech materials mainly. I find plenty of the normal stuff laying around using scavenging (desh, bronzium, phobium etc) but I'm not having any luck looking for the blue/purple materials. I wasn't sure they were higher mission drops or if I was just looking in the wrong place.

I suspect there is another gathering skill that would help rather than slicing... unless its the missions that slicing sometimes brings back that i need.

MishraArtificer
02.20.2012 , 10:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Falconburger View Post
Thanks - I'm after Armstech materials mainly. I find plenty of the normal stuff laying around using scavenging (desh, bronzium, phobium etc) but I'm not having any luck looking for the blue/purple materials. I wasn't sure they were higher mission drops or if I was just looking in the wrong place.

I suspect there is another gathering skill that would help rather than slicing... unless its the missions that slicing sometimes brings back that i need.
Not Slicing. Go with Investigations if you're an Armstech. Be advised, though: the blue and purple are rare drops, and the Republic ship droid is essentially useless except for the VERY low-level missions.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Falconburger
02.20.2012 , 10:41 PM | #6
Thanks for the info.. if I switch slicing out but then want to switch back to slicing do i start from level 0 again or does it remember what i'm up to now?

Falconburger
02.20.2012 , 10:44 PM | #7
I'm a BH Merc by the way - it'd' be a shame to drop slicing.. Mako is pretty good at it!

Akella
02.20.2012 , 10:53 PM | #8
Check torhead.com.
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Falconburger
02.20.2012 , 10:58 PM | #9
Torhead! Perfect - thanks ;-)

Sky_walkerPL
02.21.2012 , 01:47 AM | #10
Don't. Torhead is outdated in almost everything.
Quote: Originally Posted by Falconburger View Post
Thanks for the info.. if I switch slicing out but then want to switch back to slicing do i start from level 0 again or does it remember what i'm up to now?
Yes, you will start from 0.
But slicing isn't very useful for you anyway. Besides moneymaking that is. Armstech recipes drop from investigation.
Sky Legacy, Hydian Way
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]Proudly contributed to: Color crystals RE guide DH DB. Created: Imp uniforms list.