Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

75k to 300k...

Grubfist
02.20.2012 , 01:59 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ComeAndSee View Post
I know what he's talking about.

I seen a few REALLY GOOD healers decide to change to DPS in order to get more medals each match. I end up not inviting them anymore because they were way more useful as healers and I don't like running groups without at least 2.

ATM the only classes that can really pull 10+ medals are Tanks because of Guard and Damage.
Some healers do damage to help apply pressure or defend nodes with DoTs.

But medal-farmers are usually not who I want on my team either. Just don't mistake them throwing out damage when necessary to them farming medals.

fungihoujo
02.20.2012 , 02:04 PM | #42
I can usually get about 200-250k as a level 20 marauder, same with my 22 sniper.

I tend to actually get lower at 50 just cuz I'm more interested in winning than getting medals- because of dailies winning is actually important, while medals... meh, they're a nice thing on the side.

Regardless, it's supposed to be a decently challenging medal to get for dps specific characters. You either need to be pretty good to get it- or be playing a match where the numbers are very high (usually because both sides have good healing so fights last longer, and thus you have more time to build up damage). I find it far easier to get such medals in VS and Alderaan- but huttball revolves so much more around positioning and CC that it can be difficult when you're trying to win.

noebert
02.20.2012 , 02:12 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Mcfondles View Post
So when talking about medals.. What is with the huge healing/damage gap from 75k to 300k?! I usually get around 150k - 200k healing done... So I don't get any more medals than a dps sorcerer who healed himself a total of 75k during the match...?

Why isn't there one for 200k healing done? Or whatever increments you think sound right.. Just to me the gap from 75k to 300k just doesn't seem right.
They really didn't think the healing medals through at all. If you're medal farming go dps or tank (slap a guard on someone you know will take oodles of damage). It's not the healing medal gap that's annoying, is that we only have 4 medals we can strive for unless we go out and dps a little to grab a few extra.

On the flip side, you'll get some nice folks who will notice when you bust your butt healing and throw some mvp votes your way to help you out a bit. It's rolling the dice at the end of the game, but still. Don't be a jerk during the match and you may find 3-4+ votes tossed your way.