Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is republic questing? (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How is republic questing? (SPOILERS)

Gorzh
02.18.2012 , 09:29 PM | #1
Hey!

I've got a 50 Imperial, and gonna make an shadow/Assassin, however I've read that Republic questing is pretty bad compared to Imperial quests.
Now I know this depends alot about the person, but could someone just give afew hints on what your "mission" is on planets? Perhaps someone who done both Reps and Imps quests.

Spoiler

Ranadiel_Marius
02.19.2012 , 06:18 AM | #2
Spoiler

Megaphys
02.19.2012 , 06:58 AM | #3
hmmm i think consular story is overall below average, jedi knight is kinda ehh, smuggler was pretty fun if you like lighter stories, and trooper hmm didnt get far enough to really comment, started kind of lame, got a lil more interesting in the middle, but nothing killer.

from what played of sorc, starts strong, seems entertaining, bounty works, imperial agent starts slow but gets interesting in middle, and sith warrior seems on the path to be similar level quality to jedi knight.

Overall id say sith class stories are better so far, but i kind of dont like doing the non class stories on imp side, they are almost all about being an evil bastid.

Kesh_
02.20.2012 , 09:22 AM | #4
I have done 7/8ths of the classes all to level 25+, several in 40+. Republic is actually more fun for the general quests. For class stories - Sith warrior, and IA still are 2 of the best, but trooper and jedi knight also have great stories (avoid JC (dull voice and dull story) and SI (moronic ghostbusting story)) . For dialogue - smuggler is hands down the best (also great voice acting) and is the only class I have been able to play twice through because frankly the dialogue is in almost every quest, whereas the stoyline usually only involves 2-3 quest leadins on each planet making dialogue more important than stroyline for replayability.