Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

force speed

norburg
02.18.2012 , 10:45 PM | #1
Does anyone else feel the way i do about force speed and that it should not be interuptable? I find it extremely frustrating when (pvp mostly) I use force speed and it get rooted, stunned, etc. I mean how do you use it as a healer to escape danger if the person attacking you can just stun you (since they already have you selected).

And also why is it that electrocute in pvp almost fills the resolve bar of whoever i use it on (3/4 full)? i dont notice others stuns on me filling my resolve that much, i feel as though i have to take alot of stuns for my resolve to fill up yet mine plus one other caps someone else off...

also... roots and stuns, do you feel both should count for resolve? Its annoying when your resolve capped and carrying say the hutball and get rooted in fire or something...

I'm not sure if this is just me not knowing how other classes work fully in regards to certain abilities or if it maybe theres something that should be looked into.

like i said not trying to troll or anything just generally curious, and hopefully i can learn from some others on the forums here.

Auxili
02.18.2012 , 11:02 PM | #2
all 4s stuns fill the same resolve.

Smuggler/Agent 'mezzes' (breaks on damage) cause much more resolve than any other mez in the game.

Force speed should be able to get rooted/stunned. It's not a get out of jail free card, it's a run speed buff and it does what it's supposed to.
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

bliapis
02.19.2012 , 01:54 AM | #3
What i feel about speed is not that you shouldnt get rooted (on the other hand there should be a talent at some tree that enables you immunity and root dispersing on use), but that of its long cooldown. Its just way too long from speed to speed compared to charge.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

aeysee
02.19.2012 , 11:09 AM | #4
Sorry for the troll but I'm compelled to just rotfling at this QQ thread. Seriously not long low enough cool down compared to force charge. Why didn't Bioware give you force charge is beyond me you have everything else. Just learn to deal inquis gets plenty of tools use em

Auxili
02.19.2012 , 06:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bliapis View Post
What i feel about speed is not that you shouldnt get rooted (on the other hand there should be a talent at some tree that enables you immunity and root dispersing on use), but that of its long cooldown. Its just way too long from speed to speed compared to charge.
in the tank tree it breaks roots. Is that not enough? You've already got a knockback, a mez, a ranged stun, stealth, a sprint, a tank stance, a knockdown, in-combat 10m burst, an execute, 5% more base parry, a vanish, an out of combat mez, and a pull within your class. Is this not enough? Some classes *coughoperatives* have half the tools and manage to complain less.
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

Naladdar
02.19.2012 , 06:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Auxili View Post
in the tank tree it breaks roots. Is that not enough? You've already got a knockback, a mez, a ranged stun, stealth, a sprint, a tank stance, a knockdown, in-combat 10m burst, an execute, 5% more base parry, a vanish, an out of combat mez, and a pull within your class. Is this not enough? Some classes *coughoperatives* have half the tools and manage to complain less.

Hip Hip Hurray for the 31/31/31 specs !

Machtkatze
02.19.2012 , 07:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Naladdar View Post
Hip Hip Hurray for the 31/31/31 specs !
What he mentioned is all included in darkness spec, though a lot of it are baseline abilities.
He even forgot to mention a 7.5 second cd 30% aoe slow including 5% dmg debuff.

norburg
02.19.2012 , 08:48 PM | #8
would it help that im comming from the heal spec perspective (corruption tree)? im not complaining but i do think it is a bit strange to be stunned mid force speed. i mean you cant stun someone mid force charge or w.e. if nothing else it just looks wrong. Its not like its and OP skill its a 2 sec sprint IMHO. I am not QQing just wanted to see if others felt this way.

Cegenaus
02.20.2012 , 02:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by norburg View Post
would it help that im comming from the heal spec perspective (corruption tree)? im not complaining but i do think it is a bit strange to be stunned mid force speed. i mean you cant stun someone mid force charge or w.e. if nothing else it just looks wrong. Its not like its and OP skill its a 2 sec sprint IMHO. I am not QQing just wanted to see if others felt this way.
combined with static barrier it is an op skill. i would kill to have some sort of incombat speed/leap for my merc. best pvp toolkit and still not good enough...
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek

Tovenar
02.20.2012 , 08:21 AM | #10
You can stun someone mid force charge. If timed right you can use your AOE knock back before they reach you and negate the attack entirely.

Its absolutely HILARIOUS.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

-Darth Helmet