Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can anyone recommend star wars books?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can anyone recommend star wars books?

JohnBeelick
02.20.2012 , 07:55 AM | #1
I'm looking for books that took place before, during and a little after The old republic era, wanting to get some background knowledge but the whole years system and such confuse the hell out of me.

TKMaster
02.20.2012 , 07:57 AM | #2
Go to the Star Wars discussion forum and ask and i'll suggest some.

This isnt really the correct forum.

Azzras
02.20.2012 , 07:58 AM | #3
X-Wing series.
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Life-ender
02.20.2012 , 07:58 AM | #4
Read the old republic series for game reference info.

The Bane series are good books.

Shatterpoint was good .

New Jedi Order books are well written .
Werike. Master Defender . Village junky.
Antares Brute Squad . Root it and kill it.
Space-Parts-Inc. D-F-A Starsider, guild founder , epic JTL pvp the way it should be . Founder of the Bill Gates club.

The_Butler
02.20.2012 , 07:58 AM | #5
This is probably the wrong forum section for this but just do a simple wiki search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_books) for a list of books and timeline.

I've begun reading a few of them and they are enjoyable "airport" style reads e.g. don't expect anything too deep and they are good enough. Some are better than others e.g. Fatal Alliance although I was disappointed with Deceived which is based on the intro sequence to the game.

ferroz
02.20.2012 , 07:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzras View Post
X-Wing series.
that's not set "before, during and a little after The old republic era" ...

Trisskar
02.20.2012 , 08:02 AM | #7
I always read/prefered the New Jedi Order, Fate of the Jedi books...which are far after TOR :-p But Id imagine getting and reading all the Revan books would be a great start I also hear the best way to get background story for TOR would be to play the old "Knights of the old Republic" as TOR is heavily based on that.
Squadron 238
Come Visit "The Archives" A Galactic Network for writers

Hokonoso
02.20.2012 , 08:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Life-ender View Post
Read the old republic series for game reference info.

The Bane series are good books.

Shatterpoint was good .

New Jedi Order books are well written .
these, plus id add I, Jedi plus any book written by Timothy Zahn, Matthew Stover, and James Lucerno. Other than that small list, you can ignore the rest as they are poorly written.
What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
--Nom Anor

smore
02.20.2012 , 08:07 AM | #9
Try
Revan, if you'd like a decent read and a fair few tie-ins to the game itself.
Fatal Alliance for a good standalone read, with little to no story connections with the game (but still the best book of the three, imo).
Deceived if you prefer a little background information about Malgus in an otherwise rather mediocre (all opinions are subjective) presentation of the "Deceived" trailer and related events.
Council of The West

Andaliel - lvl50 Miraluka Sage || Andalei - lvl50 Mirialan Gunslinger

MasterKayote
02.20.2012 , 08:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnBeelick View Post
I'm looking for books that took place before, during and a little after The old republic era, wanting to get some background knowledge but the whole years system and such confuse the hell out of me.
Anything that doesnt say Drew Crapshyn on it. Particularly the "Revan" novel.