Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Was Dooku's execution planned?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Dooku's execution planned?

Artemys's Avatar


Artemys
02.12.2012 , 09:05 PM | #31
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Keeping this spoiler free, That book answers a lot of questions and speculations I see here, while not the main topic, it does answer others.
Check out myYoutube Channel Swtor for Storyline and PvP Videos!
Lexi'belle | Artemys | Marce
Sorcerer| Operative | Juggernaut
Free Character Transfer

Valkanna's Avatar


Valkanna
02.12.2012 , 09:34 PM | #32
Sidius wouldn't need to outright tell Dooku to incapasite obi-wan

All he'd need to do is tempt Dooku by commenting about how easy it was to beat anakin before, how obi wan is the bigger threat that he should deal with first and how he could easily win if obi wan was beaten/incapacitated first.

Sidius is great at manipulating people into doing what he wants without them knowing that it's his plan for it to go that way.

Shiela's Avatar


Shiela
02.14.2012 , 05:59 PM | #33
Palpatine was like 10 steps in front of everybody, he was planing something from the begining. "We will be watching your career with great intrest young Skywalker." How did no one think that was creepy? Dooku was old to, Papatine probably wanted an appentice who wouldn't die in his sleep. Anakin was stronge, young, and confused; the perfect package.

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
02.16.2012 , 02:35 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiela View Post
Palpatine was like 10 steps in front of everybody, he was planing something from the begining. "We will be watching your career with great intrest young Skywalker." How did no one think that was creepy? Dooku was old to, Papatine probably wanted an appentice who wouldn't die in his sleep. Anakin was stronge, young, and confused; the perfect package.
You know whats funny? Dooku was older than Palpatine.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

gtmach's Avatar


gtmach
02.16.2012 , 02:49 PM | #35
I really wish the ROTS book gave us more insight into how Dooku felt about it. From what I remembered they hardly gave much.

I mean imagine it from his perspective. This guy works his butt off rallying the Confederacy convinced he's the ultimate Sith (aside from Sidious). He constantly believes he made the right decision turning dark and leaving the Jedi.

He goes along with all of Sidious's plans, then BAM - Palpatine: "Kill him now"

I bet he was thinking "*** DUDE!!! I did so much for you!!!"

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
02.16.2012 , 02:54 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by gtmach View Post
I really wish the ROTS book gave us more insight into how Dooku felt about it. From what I remembered they hardly gave much.

I mean imagine it from his perspective. This guy works his butt off rallying the Confederacy convinced he's the ultimate Sith (aside from Sidious). He constantly believes he made the right decision turning dark and leaving the Jedi.

He goes along with all of Sidious's plans, then BAM - Palpatine: "Kill him now"

I bet he was thinking "*** DUDE!!! I did so much for you!!!"
If I was Dooku I would have revealed who Palpatine was then and there as my revenge. Although Anakin probably wouldn't have believed him.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

EmperorTeknoman's Avatar


EmperorTeknoman
02.18.2012 , 11:09 PM | #37
I think it was more of not only was Palpatine replacing Dooku (as an apprentice) and turning Anakin to the darkside but also removing a threat to him.

Shown in the Clone Wars series (I know some of you hate this show but hear me out) Asaj Ventress is Dooku's apprentice and eventually she starts becoming too powerful for Palpatine's taste and orders Dooku to kill her off. Soon after Ventress is out of the picture (or is she...) he immediatly gets another apprentice Savage Oppress and trains him as well. He wants to eventually overthrow Palpatine (as he should, he is a Sith) but rather than being covert about it (although Palps is always ahead of the game) he reveals too much.

Many things contributed to his execution as always Palpatine had nothing to lose and everything to gain. He removed a potential threat, got a stronger apprentice, and many secrets died with Dooku.

The ultimate win.
"You see I am not a monster; just ahead of the curve."

Vecke's Avatar


Vecke
02.19.2012 , 01:50 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by gtmach View Post
I really wish the ROTS book gave us more insight into how Dooku felt about it. From what I remembered they hardly gave much.

I mean imagine it from his perspective. This guy works his butt off rallying the Confederacy convinced he's the ultimate Sith (aside from Sidious). He constantly believes he made the right decision turning dark and leaving the Jedi.

He goes along with all of Sidious's plans, then BAM - Palpatine: "Kill him now"

I bet he was thinking "*** DUDE!!! I did so much for you!!!"
The book does go into all of that, actually.

Spoiler
"I know."

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
02.19.2012 , 12:54 PM | #39
Palpatine: "Kill him."
Dooku: "Wait, no! He's a S-"
Anakin: [chops head off]

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
02.20.2012 , 02:42 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Palpatine: "Kill him."
Dooku: "Wait, no! He's a S-"
Anakin: [chops head off]
Anakin hesitated a little after Palpatine said "Kill him" there was a small window of time that Dooku could have used to grab Anakins attention, whether Anakin would believe him or not is another story, but I believe this would have been reported to the council.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade