Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel's Underworld Guide to PVP Healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Scoundrel
Scoundrel's Underworld Guide to PVP Healing

Teirdome
02.16.2012 , 12:46 PM | #11
Could you comment on some of the other hybrids that favor a little more utility like 23/18/0 with Stopping Power and Fight or Flight or 23/0/18 with its utility? I'm not 50 yet to try them myself unfortunately.

Omeleet
02.16.2012 , 08:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Teirdome View Post
Could you comment on some of the other hybrids that favor a little more utility like 23/18/0 with Stopping Power and Fight or Flight or 23/0/18 with its utility? I'm not 50 yet to try them myself unfortunately.
I have taken a look at those hybrids. I haven't played them yet so what I have to go on is mostly conjecture.

The first build has potential to be a good peeling spec. I am not sold on it though. Fight or Flight is a greedy talent that doesn't really improve our output, just our survival. It has no guarantee to be effective. Stopping power is an excellent tool for peeling. You are trading a great deal of healing efficiency to get these talents though. Either you are giving up EMP/Triage Heals/SRM/UM Efficacy for a little extra health, a snare, and 10 seconds of being healable after you vanish, which is only usable every 3 minutes I might add.

The latter of the two specs looks to have a similar problem. You give up that same Efficacy in exchange for one of the following:
Regen on Bleed Effects + Cool Head Reduced CD, I would honestly take Diag Scan energy regen talents over this.
A snare. This snare isn't all that useful to be honest as it only applies to 3 targets and has a very small range and a hefty cost.
Lower Dodge Cooldown/Freedom cd. Oddly enough, I only seem to need dodge when it is off cd, and I don't really believe a 30 second reduction to Freedom is game breaking either.
12% chance to crit with HoTs/DoTs. This could be useful from a numbers perspective but then you are probably giving up EMP to maximize your SRM too. I dislike playstyles that revolve around HoTs on everybody because they spread you thin and in a match where people have focus targets don't have the healing power to keep up and do meaningful healing. The raiding spec is also a superior choice here.

If anyone wants to test them and could prove this wrong, I would be happy to add them to the guide. But you would have to do so beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't want a picture showing you did 1 million healing in a WZ with no context. I want decent recordings across several matches detailing your playstyle.

currann
02.18.2012 , 03:25 PM | #13
Love your guide, but would this be a good skill tree spec?

Wookiebeast
02.19.2012 , 02:11 PM | #14
This is the reason for the trees and people making choices of how they like to play a particular class so that said you can be a strictly dps and heal on the side or primary heal and dps on the side.

So telling someone they are a healer and only a healer is wrong.

I agree that we are support but that comes in so many ways.

You can fit in where you're needed you have choices.

Omeleet
02.19.2012 , 02:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookiebeast View Post
This is the reason for the trees and people making choices of how they like to play a particular class so that said you can be a strictly dps and heal on the side or primary heal and dps on the side.

So telling someone they are a healer and only a healer is wrong.

I agree that we are support but that comes in so many ways.

You can fit in where you're needed you have choices.

You are a healer first, you aren't setup to be going in to punch people at full health. You misunderstand my point. You can do damage, and it is highly encouraged if you have the advantage in a fight, but it is generally more important to heal. You probably aren't going to win a 2v3 where the odds are stacked against you with your fists flying. The fists are only there for added pressure and to drop healers/sorely outnumbered players faster so you can cap sooner.

I only stress that you heal more because that is what the spec favors. You can do damage, just not as much.

Quote: Originally Posted by currann View Post
Love your guide, but would this be a good skill tree spec?
That being said, this would work if this is how you wanted to play, it would have more utility as 1v1 spec and less as a team player as you are sacrificing a fair chunk of healing power. Drop the point in Scramble and put it into Keep Cool instead. The points in "Shifty Eyed/Scrappy/Brawler's Grit" are all subject to opinion so there are no "wrong" answers there.

currann
02.19.2012 , 06:13 PM | #16
Thanks, ithat really helps

Omeleet
02.27.2012 , 06:00 PM | #17
OP is updated. It is now much more user friendly to navigate!

Added tip about in combat Tranquilizing in sedatives, Table of Contents, and second gearing strategy. Expanded on positioning in the General Gameplay Tips.

silent_poet
02.28.2012 , 08:19 AM | #18
Might not be much of a contribution, but i really wanted to thank you and congratulate you for this wonderful guide.
Wer über Tippfehler stolpert, darf sie behalten und im Keller neue züchten.

Whoever stumbles across any typos may keep them and rear new ones in the basement.

BDutch
02.28.2012 , 12:32 PM | #19
Good read, thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by Puja
The sentinel PVP armor is PINK and POOP colored with golden ******* and a clown helmet my brain is not able to make any sense out of. Then some sort of giant bug from the Jetsons has attached itself to the left shoulder.

PommeChips
03.01.2012 , 05:15 AM | #20
Many, many thanks for this guide which I will advertise on the french forums !
I'm going for the Vet build, mostly because it's more PVE friendly (can't really do without the +6% crit, or so I think)
Will try pugilist for a week end however!