Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cover Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dougan
02.17.2012 , 02:26 PM | #1
Every GS/Sniper knows how clunky and buggy cover is currently.

My proposed fix is this:

If an ability that requires cover is used when the character is not in cover, the player is instantly dropped into cover and the ability activates.

This eliminates so much of the clunkiness that these ACs experience with trying to get into cover.
Dougan

Mapex
02.17.2012 , 03:44 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by dougan View Post

My proposed fix is this:

If an ability that requires cover is used when the character is not in cover, the player is instantly dropped into cover and the ability activates.

This eliminates so much of the clunkiness that these ACs experience with trying to get into cover.
Said the same thing in a big thread of cover changes here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...83#post2787883

It's especially important if you are fumbling to get into cover to pop Hunker Down or Pulse Detonator but end up getting killed because you have to press 2 buttons to the enemy's 1.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

contacts
02.17.2012 , 04:00 PM | #3
this would be awesome

dougan
02.19.2012 , 10:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
Said the same thing in a big thread of cover changes here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...83#post2787883

It's especially important if you are fumbling to get into cover to pop Hunker Down or Pulse Detonator but end up getting killed because you have to press 2 buttons to the enemy's 1.
Nice I didn't catch that in that thread.
Dougan

Mr_Gallows
02.19.2012 , 04:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mapex View Post

lol funny.

But then again GS/sniper just sit there and don't have to worry about facing etc. Having to enter cover first is not an issue. No need to simplify the game further.

AZmonsoon
02.19.2012 , 08:16 PM | #6
I say fix the "stuck crouched and can't use any ability" in PvP bug first.

Kyus
02.20.2012 , 10:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AZmonsoon View Post
voidstar?

deactivate Sprint, press crouch fixed reactivate sprint.
Kyus - Gunslinger - The Katarn Legacy
Hand of Blood
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU PVP

jazzllanna
02.20.2012 , 11:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AZmonsoon View Post
Hate that bug... I ll try the sprint thing next time nothing else worked
Wichita Gunslinger
The Harbinger
Spoiler

dougan
02.20.2012 , 11:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Gallows View Post
lol funny.

But then again GS/sniper just sit there and don't have to worry about facing etc. Having to enter cover first is not an issue. No need to simplify the game further.
Here again, people excusing stupid, clunky mechanics because they think it "balances" the class. Very common with TOR.
Dougan

Stupiddrummer
02.20.2012 , 11:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dougan View Post

My proposed fix is this:

Are you using "Take Cover" or "Crouch?" I originally used Take Cover, but i use Crouch now and it has removed all the issues you described. I drop instantly into cover and use my moves.