Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

Mavkiel
02.19.2012 , 09:59 AM | #11
Part of the issue is there isn't much you can do even if you learn all the sorcs/sages tricks. Recently got out of a huttball with 6 sorc on my team. I play an operative, the other team was fairly well balanced. We destroyed them, even though our players were mostly idiots. Why?

Huttball:

Sprint, bubble, pull. Another sorc sprint, bubbles, pulls. Huttball ends. But you say, why not kill them if they are in your end zone?

Sure, when this has happened to me, I try, and its usally a 50/50 chance of it working if I am on top of my game. Normally it ends with me either being cc'd or knocked off a ledge and them going about their business. (I play an op, so thats game over for my damage potential)

Civil war:
Sprint to turret, cap facing away from enemy = free turret start unless a sage counters you.

Voidstar:
ae those ever loving doors non stop. Oh you ran out of force? Die, the 3seconds it takes you to respawn will fill that mana back up. Not an ae dmg dealer? Throw down a healer circle and laugh at how nobody ever dies.

Batslav
02.19.2012 , 10:00 AM | #12
i have assasin now leveling sorcerer my force lighting says hi

Payneintherear
02.19.2012 , 10:00 AM | #13
The only thing broken with Sorcs (aside from the double-dipping on procs) is that the stun, when you break their bubble, is not breakable. You basically waste your CC breaker on it trying to remove it and remain stunned.

Other than that, they are the weakest class at the high-end.

SwOllenEye
02.19.2012 , 10:01 AM | #14
candice that's pretty sweet that the class you wanted to play from the start just happened to be the best.

Personally I wanted to heal too only I wanted to wear a cowboy hat instead of a pope-hat so thats what I'm doing and believe me and I love the class and the flavor and the nut-kicks and the little robot hots. I heal my pocket tank and together we win games but it's utterly impossible for me to look at a sage and not be jealous of both their numbers AND their tools/utility.

What happens when rated warzones come out? If things don't shift at least a little bit, there will be absolutely no reason for a group to take me over a second sage. And I do mean second because let's face it you'll have to have at least one to be competitive.

Sookster
02.19.2012 , 10:02 AM | #15
Same thing as many bright wizards in WAR, clerics in Aion, druids (previously warlock) in WoW. A class with multiple utilities and the shallowest learning curve will be the most popular.
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

Halofax
02.19.2012 , 10:03 AM | #16
I actually play a Vanguard.

Only problem with Sorcerer is the shield cooldown is too short.

Dosvidaniya
02.19.2012 , 10:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aylisis View Post
Ha, Everyone complains about sorc. If you went against a team of 5 bh's trust me you would be crying here even more.
Seriously. You think sorcs are bad? Watch a group of 3 mercs insta-stomp anything that moves. Three of my guildies did it leveling up (I was leveling a repub at the time). If they sync their tracer rounds, you'll die in about 3 seconds.

SeloDaoC
02.19.2012 , 10:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aylisis View Post
Ha, Everyone complains about sorc. If you went against a team of 5 bh's trust me you would be crying here even more.
no..you would never be cced, they cant pull friendlies, they cant sprint, they dont have bubbles, they dont have interupt if merc, and they do less damage then sorcs.

Hatsheput
02.19.2012 , 10:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dosvidaniya View Post
Seriously. You think sorcs are bad? Watch a group of 3 mercs insta-stomp anything that moves. Three of my guildies did it leveling up (I was leveling a repub at the time). If they sync their tracer rounds, you'll die in about 3 seconds.
You think three snipers would be any different or three of anything for that matter....

Aylisis
02.19.2012 , 10:06 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SeloDaoC View Post
no..you would never be cced, they cant pull friendlies, they cant sprint, they dont have bubbles, they dont have interupt if merc, and they do less damage then sorcs.
They do NOT do less damage, if you think so your out of your mind! They can easily top the damage chart, provide protection, heal, and wear heavy armor. Oh and tracer, tracer, tracer dead. Move on and cycle again against a non interupt enemy,