Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard to Find Groups for Flashpoints/HEROIC

Graburr
01.01.2012 , 01:09 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Tukilusmu View Post
I think the problems (like I have about the LFG system) is that its designed for full servers. My selver is pretty much empty (I was a fool and selected "light" server). I can almost see tumbleweed blowing across the decks of the Republic Fleet station. There are usually like 3 people in chat saying LFG (all different levels), 2-3 people in /WHO who are flagged for LFG (again all different levels) and the lauchbay is deserted (rodians use it to play pazaak).
hm. how many people are from the other faction, and how many are running around in the pre-lvl 30 areas?

ChanMaradar
01.01.2012 , 03:57 PM | #62
All things are possible with the Force.

Aeryel
01.01.2012 , 04:01 PM | #63
Mostly, pre mid 20 zones are populated enough for Heroics. Just spam LFG or LFM a few minutes, you will get a group. My realm shows 'Standard' most times and usually show over 120 people in Coruscant and 4-50 in Taris. But when it comes to Nar Shaada and Alderaan... 30 is at most and it's quite hard to get any group quests done on that planets. Some high level guildies(over level 45), they can find less than 10 people in their quest zone in evening time, EST.

I've also found similar situation when finding Flashpoint groups. It's not that hard to find a group for Esseles, Hammer Station, and Athiss. But from Mandal Raiders... Sometimes, you will find spams recruiting DPS, not even Heal or Tank, which implies people playing friends with core roles level far faster than vast majority.

I guess the majority of people are still struggling at early 20s area in my realm. But, it might also mean that many people give up the game before 4th world. However, it's not even a month passed since the launch. I hope this problem won't last permanently and my implication is wrong.

On the bottom line, refining the LFG flag system needs to be done. It's not possible to write every information under 10 letters without abbreviating the quest/FP titles, which might be confusing since the game isn't as old as WoW(Majority of people won't understand what CoS means and there are more than a few heroic quests that shares same abbrs.) The LFG comment should be more visible and easily accessible from any zone in the game.

Exiled-Phoenix
01.01.2012 , 05:20 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Trucegore View Post
Friends, group, guild.
Even guilds dont always have people on the same planet at the same stage of the quests.

A sort of que at a Heroic or flashpoint would be nice..
1)You go first, set "make group"...fill in what roles u want for the other 3 (tank, dps, healer)

2)People join, click the spot they want to fill in, YOU click "allow person x to join group" after you had the chance to check if they really are a healer.

3)When group is full ,you get teleported to the entrance of the quest.

4)?????

5)Profit

CrimZnFury
01.01.2012 , 05:36 PM | #65
Try doing the Nar Saddaa Heroics the Bonus ones, lvl 31 and higher honestly been trying to get teams for those forever! but either then that it's not to painless the key is if you want to get most of them done be willing to quit halway to solo miss's etc.. and pay attention for someone looking in general chat

TalkingDinosaur
01.01.2012 , 05:43 PM | #66
The people who minimize their chat box might as well get a title saying: (Name Here), The Antisocial. Better yet :P Title Unlocked: "Please don't Talk to me I am antisocial."
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Kneemo
01.01.2012 , 06:32 PM | #67
i've had the hardest time getting a group for Call To Arms flashpoint. with 150 people in the fleet i thought "there is no way none of these people are wanting to do it."

so i checked the /who in the social menu. sure enough 10 people max were in the level range to do it. everybody else were 20- or 40+.

it just seems the game is still too fresh out the oven. lowbies haven't caught up to the mid levels and the level cap rushers are obviously not doing the mid level flashes or making alts (resulting in fresh lowbies).

give it a couple more weeks when there's a nice amount of people in all level ranges.

Silverwulf
02.19.2012 , 08:40 AM | #68
Just learn what others, like Blizzard, did with dungeon finder mechanism: global or specific queues, role definition, queues shared between servers, auto summon, etc.

The point is: reduce game downtime. No fun in spending 30 minutes LFGs.