Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling On Crystal Alloy

MithrilSoul
02.18.2012 , 10:00 PM | #31
Ok let's get a few things straight:

1. This guy is not your friend.
2. This guy is dicking you around, and doing it intentionally.
3. He already admitted to you that #2 is true.
4. The reason he keeps dicking you around is because he realizes you are either too stupid and/or too spineless to do anything about it.
5. He will continue to dick you around and take advantage of you unless and until you grow a backbone and put an end to it.

He is not your friend.
He is not your friend.
He is not your friend.

He is a manipulator who is LYING to you in order to take advantage of you to get what he wants.

If you cannot see that, or can see it but refuse to do anything about it, then you have far, far more serious problems in your life than whether or not a made-up cartoon character in a video game world gets a particular drop.
Varwe, lvl 50 Mirialan Jedi Shadow tank
Chief Officer, Ring of Destiny
recruiting mature, semi-casual players of all classes on Jedi Covenant server
Honor ~ Loyalty ~ Respect

Ka-tel
02.18.2012 , 10:14 PM | #32
Is this a non-bound item? If so, then no one should be rolling need on it. It's tradeable and worth money. Therefore it's a GREED item. Period. You can buy them--so buy one and shut up about it.

Searingklepto
02.19.2012 , 12:37 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Ka-tel View Post
Is this a non-bound item? If so, then no one should be rolling need on it. It's tradeable and worth money. Therefore it's a GREED item. Period. You can buy them--so buy one and shut up about it.
biometric crystal alloys are BoP and can only be obtained through HM FP or Operations.

Umeko
02.19.2012 , 04:06 AM | #34
Stop letting him roll plain and simple. If he can't understand why then just kick him out. Replacements are easy to find and usually they are more guild friendly. Sorry he is being a tool.

schnopsnosn
02.19.2012 , 04:14 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by RickInVA View Post
I think there is a lot to be said for the idea that anyone who participates is entitled to roll for any loot that they can use. I understand that in this case he can't use it right now, but I think that is splitting hairs to a degree. Unless you set an expectation ahead of time that he is not eligible to roll on certain items then I think he does. if you set the expectation ahead of time that he cannot roll on certain items then he can choose to come or not. That seems fair to me.
He has his crew skills nowhere near 400 and doesn't plan to push it in the near future.
The other party-members have it at 400 and NEED it to craft the Rakata-stims, cubes etc.

So where is the legitimization for him to roll NEED on it?
Do you NEED on a Columi-BH-headpiece because you need the enhancement even though you have a BH who genuinely needs the whole item?

Battilea
02.19.2012 , 04:15 AM | #36
Someone who has been running with you for years should pretty much expect to run with you for years more, across other games. As such, it is in his best interest to pass on this stuff for the people who can actually use it. You guys will have his back when he needs it.

Anyway, sounds like a greedy loot whore. Dump him, find someone better.

havok_bloodcraft
02.19.2012 , 04:20 AM | #37
Kick him.

Find another person to do his job.

Or switch to master looter before boss fight and give to whoever actually needs it the most.

If he has a Problem with this he should correct his behavior.