Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter Merc - Light vs Dark

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Bounty Hunter Merc - Light vs Dark

Corran
02.17.2012 , 02:28 PM | #11
the biggest advantage to ds is the moddable boots/gloves you can buy from the ds vendor. the ls vendor only has these on republic side

i do belieev there is also a bug to the end of chapter 3 if you choose the dark side option
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

GrandsonOfSam
02.18.2012 , 05:23 AM | #12
Actually I just bought both my LS Bountyhunter and his Mako moddable boots from an Empire LS vendor... They are level 27+ though. The selection for gear is exactly the same on both sides, just switched around from LS to DS and vice-versa. It seems that Empire is considered as DS and Republic as LS.
------------------
Mercenaries never die, they just go to hell to regroup!
- Unknown Source

bahdasz
02.18.2012 , 06:04 PM | #13
Makes no difference unless you really care about affection, which can be worked around as well. If you really want to RP a "dark side" BH and want to use Mako all the time, just put her away before starting any conversations, you won't gain any affection, but you won't lose any either.

The only time it could really make a difference is if you're using Light side armor and you go bad and drop into dark side territory. In that case you just buy replacement pieces from the dark side vendor and swap the mods over. If you're not a RP centered jeedai type that stuff really means nothing.

We should have a faction point system rather than a dark/light system, imo.

Cegenaus
02.18.2012 , 09:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostNato View Post
Also as a merc, what DPS tree would you go for to help with not overheating
as an arsenal merc i usually dont have heat probs if i stick with my normal 1v1 rotation, its set up to dump heat on crits with certain abilities. i hear that pyro is all about heat management but they can explain that better than i can
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek