Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Sorc Healing

lethalwalker
02.18.2012 , 11:27 AM | #1
I do not know if this is a problem or intended to do this but my healing info that it gives me does not give me close to what i should in PVP matches most times which i am in all Champion gear except for my saber,
i have
endurance over 1300
Willpower over 1400
Expertise over 500 - gives me 10% boost in PVP

the heal i should get close to for DARK INFUSION is 2800 on the low side

The relic i have equipped which grants an added 355 power and recklessness which raises my crit chance up 60% and i have a crit multiplier of 65% I use these 2 abilities together when available.

When i use those abilities and my dark infusion i never even get close to the 2800 heal target i should get most of the time i will only get 2200 target heals.

And yes i know if the target has stuns and all that on him but i should still be able to get to my base heal amount

And yes i know healing wrong but i want to also know if the game is hindering my healing on purpose or by accident.

therouterninja
02.18.2012 , 11:35 AM | #2
Healing is nerfed by 30% in PvP, and the developers have noted future nerfs are incoming.

lethalwalker
02.18.2012 , 11:39 AM | #3
yes but when i can actually use my dark infusion alone and heal for close to 2800 then something is not right

Jestunhi
02.18.2012 , 11:42 AM | #4
Power & willpower increases the amount on the tooltip.

Barring crits you should be getting 70% of the figures on the tooltip in pvp (plus 10% for expertise making it 80% - unless the expertise bonus is added after the 30% debuff is taken into account, in which case it won't be 80%)
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.

Rabix
02.18.2012 , 12:45 PM | #5
when you're alone and healing yourself, the Trauma debuff that causes the 30% healing reduction will likely have worn off

as soon as you start healing friendly players in combat and engaging enemy players, the debuff is back

lethalwalker
02.18.2012 , 03:39 PM | #6
I get that the debuff will lower my stats by around 30% but that does not explain that when i use 2 buffs together one for power which gives me about 150 extra heal points and a critical multiplier of 60% it should not be lower than the standard heal by almost 16% using those heals

Recklessness gives me crit chances which i have a mulitplier of over 60% (negates the debuff)

Ok my math has never been the best but 30% reduction of my 2800 heal will end up being roughly 2153 (barely lower than the heal amount using Recklessness and my relic)
2800 / 1.3 = 2153

When i use those abilities with the final heal being the start off heal would end up being around 1800

(2200)/1.6) * 1.3 = 1787.5 all this does not take into account the expertise that i have of 10% either so it should be even higher.

I will also say that this does not always happen but when it does it is very very noticeable cause i try to get the bang for my buck when i pop that relic since it has a long cooldown.

therouterninja
02.18.2012 , 04:03 PM | #7
Recommend you check http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list

There's a strict formula for heals. I don't play healer, so I haven't really taken the time to understand how they work.