Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sandzibar
02.16.2012 , 06:23 PM | #11
bah... some enterprising young mod moved this from the test server section to the trooper section where no dev ever steps foot

there goes my cunning plan

daiddu
02.17.2012 , 07:52 AM | #12
very few people stay in place once the ground affect appears anyway, so it is often a wasted CD (except in PVE, where this is a non-issue). Most won't sit around and eat three rounds of announced AOE damage.

Have you truly run out of "real" issues to complain about?

dcgregorya
02.17.2012 , 12:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dannicus View Post
I think they want to get 1.2 done by March? So, hopefully... HOPEFULLY we get some updates so critically needed across the classes, especially for Mortar Volley.
If 1.2 comes out in March I'd be shocked TBH. And if it does, it'll probably be scoped back. They're promising *SO MUCH* for 1.2 and meanwhile it still hasn't even hit the PTS yet and March is a couple weeks away.

Nytak
02.17.2012 , 03:20 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.
That is great to hear!! Thank you!
Decemberite
You work hard so we don't have to

Benfynyn
02.17.2012 , 04:51 PM | #15
Why did they insert the dev quote at the beginning of this thread? lol it now reads like we all ignored it and kept complaining.

Still, it's nice to see some loving for troopers.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Benfynyn
02.17.2012 , 04:53 PM | #16
We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.
Actually, that wording is worrisome. "Evening the timing" could mean nerfing the the mirrored skills.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Mapex
02.17.2012 , 11:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
Actually, that wording is worrisome. "Evening the timing" could mean nerfing the the mirrored skills.
Yes, that's what will have to happen. Remember, cinematic combat, etc.

For instance, Consular Project is going to be left alone; instead, Inquisitor Shock will now have a charge-up animation to allow for a delay in its damage tick to match that of Project.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

Sunsoar
02.18.2012 , 01:32 PM | #18
Awesome how long we have to wait for this to be fixed when this issue and FullAutos has been around for more than 2 months. It has been around since early beta.

Republic is on the bottom of their agenda.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

Kushtaka
02.18.2012 , 06:43 PM | #19
To be honest, if players were no longer able to see enemy reticles on the ground, this would be a non-issue for me. So it would would take an extra second to fire off, but if enemies couldn't see it coming it probably wouldnt even matter. I know SWTOR isnt "that other game" but I don't remember ever seeing enemy reticles under me when I got hit with AoE. Either way, Hail of Bolts fires off pretty fast, why not just make the animation the same for both abilities?

ProfessorWalsh
02.19.2012 , 02:01 PM | #20

This bothers me personally...

Every one of the animation issues favors the Empire. Personally I'd like an explanation about how something like that accidentally happens?

More specifically:
How did that make it to live? I know it was reported in the early days of beta.

A lot of players have been pointing out that all of the faction balancing ability issues favor the Empire. The one that favored the Republic (double ticking the Sage heal) was emergency hot fixed.

So far:
Mortar animation
Double taps by the Imperial canons in Alderaan Warzone
Sage Project ability

All favor the Empire.

Yet there are horrific bugs that only impact the Republic.

Don't get me started on the sheer heck it was getting the +10 datacron for the Republic vs the virtual ease on the Empire side.

Yet the two issues that negatively impacted the Empire:

1. The Void Star bug.
2. Double tapping the AoE consular heal.

Were both instantly fixed. This doesn't need to wait until 1.2 this needs to be done ASAP and more effort needs to go into addressing issues the Republic has rather than addressing issues the Empire has.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind