Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

mefit's Avatar


mefit
02.18.2012 , 12:31 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkAltar View Post
Actully your all wrong lol must not of read any of the later books. Lukes nephew anikin named after his grand father was the most powerful force user to live. He was born able to speak and mastered the force by age 4.
I believe the Solo kids were considered to be more powerful , but alot of people think Leia was more powerful than Luke .
I myself haven't read too much on the Solo stories so I am limited in that Debat.

Liquidacid's Avatar


Liquidacid
02.18.2012 , 01:28 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
I

Lucas stated , Star Wars is about the Movies and Vadar, after Vadar Dies the story ends. That lucas commenting on EU and taht says everything !

I am a fan of EU and think it should be canon , and in that Luke is the most powerful yes !
actually Lucas said the story HE wanted to tell was the one about Vader and that is why he only ever made the 6 movies and plans no more... and Lucasfilm Ltd. which actually owns the SW franchise and in turn is owned by Lucas himself have stated the EU is canon tho it is subordinate to film canon

but none of that matters since Luke wins in the films, GL has stated flatly Luke was the most powerful and the EU also shows Luke as the most powerful (as he always wins)... so it doesn't really matter which source you go by they all pretty much agree

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkAltar View Post
Actully your all wrong lol must not of read any of the later books. Lukes nephew anikin named after his grand father was the most powerful force user to live. He was born able to speak and mastered the force by age 4.
Uh actually Anakin Solo himself and numerous others have flatly stated in many novels the Jacen Solo was more powerful than he was... and that Luke could crush Jacen even at his height of power

also Anakin Solo didn't "master" the force by any means at age 4.. read the Young Jedi Knights series.... and he could not speak when he was born ... go check out the Dark Forces series in which they show him being born... I don't even know where you got that one from

in fact the most powerful thing he ever did in the force was achieve Oneness on the Myrkr mission ... a feat which was also done by Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Anakin Skywalker, Ganner Rhysode, Barriss Offee, and Jax Pavan so not that impressive
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
02.18.2012 , 01:40 AM | #93
Again if we go by Movies, Luke was on the ground being dealt a death at the hands of the Emperor to be SAVED by Vadar who died for doing so.
LuKe was no match for the Emperor in the Movies , nothing you can show otherwise .

Movie > anything you want to say

If we go EU , yes after the movies Luke > Emperors Clones and teh Rest of the EU world

So as I stated before
Sidious if we go by Movies
Luke if we go by EU

Anyone can pick up ROTJ and see luke on the ground getting pwned by the emperor only to be saved by Vadar in which Vadar dies for doing so !

Liquidacid's Avatar


Liquidacid
02.18.2012 , 01:52 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Again if we go by Movies, Luke was on the ground being dealt a death at the hands of the Emperor to be SAVED by Vadar who died for doing so.
LuKe was no match for the Emperor in the Movies , nothing you can show otherwise .

Movie > anything you want to say

If we go EU , yes after the movies Luke > Emperors Clones and teh Rest of the EU world

So as I stated before
Sidious if we go by Movies
Luke if we go by EU

Anyone can pick up ROTJ and see luke on the ground getting pwned by the emperor only to be saved by Vadar in which Vadar dies for doing so !
you are making the assumption that Luke would not have rallied and won if Vader had not interceded... after all Vader WAS winning against Luke till he rallied at the end with a burst and beat him... now if he could rally and beat Vader and Vader could and did beat Palpatine than logic dictates Luke could have eventually rallied the strength to beat the emperor... we will never know because Vader interceded for the sake of the plot...

so I will go with the most basic idea that anyone who has ever heard a story and has an IQ over room temperature will understand... Luke was the good guy thus he would always win in the end and as such was more powerful by default.. it may seem silly but that's what happens when you try and debate about a fictional universe :P

in the end it doesn't matter if you can juggle solar systems with your mind and I can't... if I still win in the end I'm more powerful because all your "power" didn't mean jack
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

CodyLundeen's Avatar


CodyLundeen
02.18.2012 , 01:52 AM | #95
It is isn't made clear in the movies, if that's all you know about Star Wars, about just how powerful the greatest force users really were. I guess there just wasn't the budget or time enough in a movie to really show how bad *** these guys were. You really have to get into the novels, which get into more detail. (like Luke making the fleet appear, rebuild/destroy the fortress etc.)

Having said that there is no debate about #1. Lucas himself has said it and also just read the books. It's Luke and that's final lol. #2 I'd definitely go with Sidious(Palpatine). The dude drained the life force of entire planets by HIMSELF. No rituals, no help, just his bad self. There on out it's kinda less clear. To me it's between Vader or Yoda, and I'd lean towards Vader(who absolutely was just botched and made to look like a goon/emo crybaby in the movies). As cool as he looked and the james earl jones voice etc. he just wasn't portrayed as being nearly as tough as he was in the books. (except maybe force choking mr. scrubby admiral who "came out of light speed too quickly" from another ship)

ArchFirehaven's Avatar


ArchFirehaven
02.18.2012 , 02:23 AM | #96
I love these threads.

Mr. Lucas has stated that Luke is the most powerful and accomplished Force user and lightsaber duelist. Sidious is the most powerful Sith and probably 2nd to only Luke overall.

For those of you proposing the SWTOR Emperor and using his planet draining event as proof, last time I checked it wasn't him that did that. It was him leading 1000 Sith lords in that effort.

Anyone that says Revan, Tulak Horde, Markos Rangnos, etc etc you are all wrong since they are not even the most powerful Jedi/Sith.

The thing that just kills me is when people disagree with a fact but want you to somehow accept their opinion.

Luke is the most powerful, whether you like that or not, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is.

gregordunbar's Avatar


gregordunbar
02.18.2012 , 08:49 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
No... Lucas stated Anakin had the potential to become the most powerful Force User Ever. Hence, the chosen One. But Lucas also stated Luke is Anakin's potential realized, meaning he basically became the Chosen One. See?.
WRONG

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One

"George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although Luke indirectly served as the catalyst that allowed Anakin to fulfill the prophecy"

Luke only served as the catalyst to HELP Anakin to fulfill the prophecy...he still did it, was still the chosen one.

Luke was just there to be the whipping boy and cry to get daddy to help him.

"Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

Luke was just a ponse nancy git..."From a certain point of view?" Derp! im in my twenties and I dont know what that means dup dup ditty day!

mefit's Avatar


mefit
02.18.2012 , 10:59 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by gregordunbar View Post
WRONG

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One

"George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although Luke indirectly served as the catalyst that allowed Anakin to fulfill the prophecy"

Luke only served as the catalyst to HELP Anakin to fulfill the prophecy...he still did it, was still the chosen one.

Luke was just there to be the whipping boy and cry to get daddy to help him.

"Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

Luke was just a ponse nancy git..."From a certain point of view?" Derp! im in my twenties and I dont know what that means dup dup ditty day!
The Luke Fanboys heads are imploding from this reply , they could not take it knowing that Luke was nothing more than a wakeup call to the REAL DEAL Anakin .

iGuinn's Avatar


iGuinn
02.18.2012 , 11:02 AM | #99
Anakin should have been the most powerful, but when he become Darth Vader his robotic parts diminished much of his force potential. Luke is the most powerful.

Xevista's Avatar


Xevista
02.18.2012 , 11:05 AM | #100
Han Solo
Hydian Exiles | Pve - End Game Content | Red Eclipse