Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feasible to run FP with comp as tank?

runar_smugler
02.17.2012 , 06:50 AM | #1
Myself and my 2 mates want to run normal level FP's. But we are 3 ppl. none of us is a tank class. We have myself as gunslinger, one friend as trooper commando and one that will now spec full heal as jedi sage. I am level 50 with almost full daily com modded gear and guns, the jedi sage is level 50 with no daily com gear, and the trooper is either 47 or 48.

We have been running low level FP's with comp taking one space with relative success, but is it feasible to run level 50 normal Flashpoints with this setup? My comp (bowdaar) will be used as meele tank. I geared him up quite much yesterday so he has now ok gear.

Will this work or is there no way that it will work?

Anyone tested?

BMBender
02.17.2012 , 08:00 AM | #2
if companion is well geared and you and your friends have decent communication, I see no reason why not. I did much the same as a cybertech Combat Medic with a (very)beefy Forex & a friend.

Note I'd dis-recomend trying it for D7 however; that'd be a lot of micromanagment for the companion holder
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

ImmortalAlien
02.17.2012 , 08:07 AM | #3
You might have to micromanage your companion's abilities to make him/her a more effective tank, yet it's possible. Hard if you're not overleveled, but possible.

runar_smugler
02.18.2012 , 09:21 AM | #4
Ty for info guys

We di run red reaper yesterday and that went pretty good Never died due to poor tanking by my companion We died a few times due to lack of concentration on boss mechanic, but we sorted it out

Once one of my mate gets to 50 we will try the 3 normal level 50 flashpoints with the same setup

I'm gonna try to mod up my tank with some daily coms mods...guess i have to wait to get the earpiece for myself