Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soa and the state of end-game

Eddar
02.17.2012 , 12:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Heley View Post
Do people read patch notes or test realm patch notes before complaining about bugs?

Didn't think so. You should try it some time. No point in complaining about things that are already fixed, or fixed on the test realm.
I'll be going throw the patch notes and I'll tell you how many times Soa got fixed before a new bug appeared.
Oh and where in my post am I complaining? I'm saying it's a awesome fight like none I've ever seen in a MMO that unfortunately it's bugged till kingdom come. If anything I'm asking for a bug fix that doesn't bring new bugs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
We just did 'the infernal' the other night for new members... and I don't know what bugs you are talking about? (We did it on 16man). Soa was bugged out the *** earlier in release, but they patched it completely. I know right now there is an issue with the threat drop but that didn't affect us at all. Hell, we didn't realize it was bugged until after killed him.
Besides the drop in agro, which to be honest is easy to work around (we have our tank taunt on CD) there was the platforms missing on transitions, the flying pylons hitting him and not collapsing the shield, the void zones on p1 invisible to some people.

My post is not only about bugs, if anything that's just a footnote, my post is about the difficulty on hard and nightmare mode. I talk about bugs in 2 sentences.
Not all who look up are searching for gods
Some find confort in being one with the stars!

scarfino
02.17.2012 , 02:03 PM | #12
I've seen a lot of people complaining about missing platforms, or invisible void zones...maybe we've just been lucky, but we haven't encountered those problems yet.. (betting that next week, because I made this post - we will have missing platforms )

The aggro wipe on mind trap cast was a surprise when we hit him last week, that's something you can rebound from (as stated by the OP).

I really hope the next op, or ops after this one require some sort of "attunement) - like when you had to do SSC, TK and Hyjal to get into BT in WoW.
< Archetype >
[ Davik's Estate ] [ Empire ]
[
archetypegaming.com ] [ PvE ]

VulcanLogic
02.17.2012 , 02:12 PM | #13
Attunements are great if you have a group of 8 or 16 people with the exact same gaming schedule, all of whom have been playing together for a good length of time. They are terrible in every other respect.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

Alchropie
02.17.2012 , 02:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by VulcanLogic View Post
Attunements are great if you have a group of 8 or 16 people with the exact same gaming schedule, all of whom have been playing together for a good length of time. They are terrible in every other respect.
Um. No. Unless we are thinking Attunement means 2 different things.

You need to kill X to get the key to unlock Y. Once you kill Y you get a scroll to unlock Z.

X, Y, and Z being 3 tiers of raiding. Generic attunement and true "progression"

This is a stretch.. but EverQuest: Planes of Power is the best and (my personal) favorite "progression" type. You need to acquire a key to fight the boss, you need to kill the boss of a zone to unlock the next tier. 3 zones per tier.
(V)(',,,')(V)
woopwoopwoop

Karasuko
02.17.2012 , 03:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
They can do the gradual nerf of operations like WoW and Rift did so that guilds that were having problems can eventually clear it.
NO, this is not how to reward people. reward people that are willing to take the time and effort not the horible method that blizz is using.

scarfino
02.17.2012 , 04:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
NO, this is not how to reward people. reward people that are willing to take the time and effort not the horible method that blizz is using.
^^this
< Archetype >
[ Davik's Estate ] [ Empire ]
[
archetypegaming.com ] [ PvE ]

XaviourEQ
02.17.2012 , 07:19 PM | #17
They need to add more mechanics to the HM/NMM fight for it to even come close to presenting even the slightest challenge.They need to add a detramental or curse that randomly gets put on an ops member throughout the fight, that needs to be cured within 'x' amount of seconds or it wipes the raid.

Mabey add to that curse another mechanic inwich the cursed ops member can't cast any abilitys until the curse is cured or it wipes the raid.Added to that, all the while..mabey the cursed ops member also has to run and click a clicky before the curse gets cured or its a wipe.

Plus they need to add some elite or champion adds that need to be killed quickly..or its a wipe.. etc etc. Encounters like these set the real fun challenging mmos like the EQ series (1&2) apart from the standard cookie cutter WoWish mmos of recent.I still don't know why wow was so popular.besides that it was easy mode (yes even vanilla) and you could run it on your 300$ dell...

where are the 'cure' / 'cleanse' mechanics at in swtor?!?! I want my healers to sweat!

Oneiros_IV
02.17.2012 , 07:49 PM | #18
What BW needs to do is to distinguish normal/hard/nightmare in a meaningful way. And that requires alot of thought and fine tuning wich they perhaps are not used to.

(So far only Blizzard is able to work with their internal data and make meaningful decisions along the lines of add 2% or reduce by 2%)

People's DPS in ops can vary by x10 and nobody will notice. All bw did is increased HP/Damage by some number pulled out of sarlakk pit disconnected from reality.

Quote:
real fun challenging mmos like the EQ series (1&2) apart from the standard cookie cutter WoWish mmos of recent
Look who's mad. Hahahaha god it never gets old

XaviourEQ
02.17.2012 , 08:23 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Oneiros_IV View Post

Look who's mad. Hahahaha god it never gets old
You're right.Look what WoW did to the MMO market... WoW was/is cookie cutter garbage that catters to ages 4+.There will never be another truely outstanding MMO thanks to WoW.Thanks blizzard... thanks for the bright idea of instanced pvp.It's pretty awsome.LMO is the new term. Linear multiplayer online.lets sit and que for instanced pvp allday so the open world is dead... also lets make super faceroll content so that its all fair... please.Yea, WoW is cream of the crop right? lmao..just..just LOL!!

ps: even the next eq is gonna be dumbed down.Atleast SOE will be able to compete in marketing next go round... little timmy will be able to hop right on and faceroll content... thanks blizzard for making such an outstanding game!! /sarcasm off </3

Eddar
02.18.2012 , 03:20 AM | #20
Attunements can be fun the 1st time you have to do them, but down the line when you have a steady group of raiders and for some reason you need to recruit, attunements will cut the recruitment base too thin. Imagine if by the end of an x-pack there were 4 tiers of ops, finding a player attuned would mean the ops would have to be really easy so that everyone was attuned or we wouldn't have that many people ready to do it.

Quote: Originally Posted by XaviourEQ View Post
They need to add more mechanics to the HM/NMM fight for it to even come close to presenting even the slightest challenge.They need to add a detramental or curse that randomly gets put on an ops member throughout the fight, that needs to be cured within 'x' amount of seconds or it wipes the raid.

Mabey add to that curse another mechanic inwich the cursed ops member can't cast any abilitys until the curse is cured or it wipes the raid.Added to that, all the while..mabey the cursed ops member also has to run and click a clicky before the curse gets cured or its a wipe.
This mostly. Adding difficulty to a fight is not just adding more damage/XP, most of the times that's just adding a gear check. Adding complexity will increase the challenge, we're gamer exactly for the challenge!
Not all who look up are searching for gods
Some find confort in being one with the stars!