Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

Foenixz's Avatar


Foenixz
02.13.2012 , 10:12 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Graburr View Post
lol, as if bioware gives a rat's *** about the "communities" (people on the forum are only a fraction of the actual "community") opinion and not their precious metrics. they even said so themself.
the ONLY reason this was implemented is to prevent ticket bombs from 7/15 players when someone ninjas in a raid or the all too common "I got that item but don't want it, can you give to my guildmate?!". nothing more nothing less.
less tickets = less GMs needed to deal with it = less money spend.

but hey, just keep believing that it was done because "the community" preferred it, and not because it saves bioware money.



doesn't mean it's the best solution or even the most acceptable. and the only way to get something changed IS to complain about it. if enough people spam the forums, makes them quit and messes with bioware's ticket numbers, it will be changed.

in short: only if it negatively affects their profits gameplay related stuff will be changed.
lol back at you. I am perfectly happy at how they have done the community. So, they don't address every QQ thread here, so what? would you rather have WoWs relationship with such a bad system any group that whines enough gets what they want?

They asked we answered and there you have it. We came up with this. So, you don't like you should have some say then.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Graburr's Avatar


Graburr
02.14.2012 , 12:29 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
lol back at you. I am perfectly happy at how they have done the community. So, they don't address every QQ thread here, so what? would you rather have WoWs relationship with such a bad system any group that whines enough gets what they want?
gz for still not understanding why they did it - for money, not to please you.

but like I said, keep believing. you'll figure it out in time...

protip: blizzard works exactly the same.

Karmalyse's Avatar


Karmalyse
02.14.2012 , 12:33 AM | #73
Twice I've run normal EV and twice I've had every single piece of gear (about 5 pieces in total) that would have been an upgrade handed to someone (a guild member, as these were both guild runs) who didn't need it and was simply helping gear out our new 50s. This is unacceptable - whoever thought of this needs to be hanged, drawn and quartered.

Russkiier's Avatar


Russkiier
02.14.2012 , 01:02 AM | #74
so from what i can see, this argument is between people who want the current system, which was designed to prevent ninja looters, changed to a more player controlled/moderated system. And is meeting resistance from a group of people who believe that the system is working as designed and that the complainers (sorry for the derogatorry language, but you are the ones complaining) should run hard modes

first, I think that this game has been out for two months, and was far from a perfect launch. There are numerous issues that i think the developers are addressing first.

second, why dont the normal mode-ers try a hard mode and come back and see if they still vehemently protest the current system

Furthermore, it is clear that the system is not functioning as designed when it gives a player multiple armor peices for the same slot

Also, as this game has been out for only two months, i am a little shocked to see a "casual" raiding guild pop up, because to get to fifty must've taken hours of game play

all in all, just my 2 cents

Karmalyse's Avatar


Karmalyse
02.14.2012 , 01:15 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Russkiier View Post
so from what i can see, this argument is between people who want the current system, which was designed to prevent ninja looters, changed to a more player controlled/moderated system. And is meeting resistance from a group of people who believe that the system is working as designed and that the complainers (sorry for the derogatorry language, but you are the ones complaining) should run hard modes

first, I think that this game has been out for two months, and was far from a perfect launch. There are numerous issues that i think the developers are addressing first.

second, why dont the normal mode-ers try a hard mode and come back and see if they still vehemently protest the current system

Furthermore, it is clear that the system is not functioning as designed when it gives a player multiple armor peices for the same slot

Also, as this game has been out for only two months, i am a little shocked to see a "casual" raiding guild pop up, because to get to fifty must've taken hours of game play

all in all, just my 2 cents
You can't implement a system like this without taking into account the gear that the player receiving the item already has. Twice now, as I stated above, I've lost gear to people who are wearing the Rakata version of the item that was dropped. Either fix the system so it bases its decision on what the players have equipped/in their inventory, or just enable need/greed as normal mode Ops are the same as HM flashpoints. Both of these methods would prevent ninja looting, the former would guarantee that the people with inferior gear would receive the items they need.

Graburr's Avatar


Graburr
02.14.2012 , 05:51 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Russkiier View Post
which was designed to prevent ninja looters, changed to a more player controlled/moderated system
question: why, without LFR and raids which, since the dawn of time, are mostly done by guilds or premade groups, do we need an enforced "ninja protection"? on one hand bioware says it cares about "server community" by not implementing a dungeon finder, but at the same time thinks people to unable to distribute loot at lvl50.

8 people working to down a boss. item (=reward) drops. item goes to someone who already has it /has sth better or has a different spec. where's the reward? would you keep doing said boss?

saying "do hardmodes then, lol!" is in the same league as arguing "boss bugs out on wipe? well then, l2p, don't wipe lol!" (which I've already seen as a argument on this board, so this discussion here shouldn't surprise me).
not to mention, hardmodes can have the exact same interpersonal issues as normal mode, yet it seems to make sense that only normal mode has it. riiiiiiight.

Russkiier's Avatar


Russkiier
02.14.2012 , 03:48 PM | #77
Quote:
You can't implement a system like this without taking into account the gear that the player receiving the item already has.
"

i think that this system is designed (not saying it works perfectly) to prevent and/or curb ninja looting, which we all agree sucks. Additionally, i think that the normal mode ops are for people to learn the mechanics of raids, rather than to gear up. From the decisions the developers have made thus far: basically, normal mode with uncontrollable looting and hard modes with Master looting capabilites. Indicate that the developers designed the operations to be played on hard mode for people who want to gear up, and normal mode for those that want to see content

Quote:
question: why, without LFR and raids which, since the dawn of time, are mostly done by guilds or premade groups, do we need an enforced "ninja protection"? on one hand bioware says it cares about "server community" by not implementing a dungeon finder, but at the same time thinks people to unable to distribute loot at lvl50.
I think the developers wanted to prevent the ninja looting issue before it became a huge problem. If they had no system such as the one in place (again, not saying it works perfectly) and ninja looting was rampant, people would be clamoring for a new system

personally, i feel like a pre-emptive (but less than effective) attempt at solving the problem is better than a retroactive solution

(now its my 4 cents )

Graburr's Avatar


Graburr
02.14.2012 , 05:26 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Russkiier View Post
I think the developers wanted to prevent the ninja looting issue before it became a huge problem.
thats the thing, why would it even become a huge issue? we're still all on the same server. this alone should prevent any stupidity.

and why doesn't esseles/BT (or all normal instances while were at it) automatically distribute loot as well? I've seen quite some ninjas there, WAY more than in every op. and it's still about learning the instance and not the loot, right?

there might be a reason for automatic loot, but in context it makes no frigging sense. it also removes control from players - we are perfectly fine doing it within a guild, we don't need it and we don't want it. wonder how long people will pay a sub to be treated like imbeciles.

Trojan's Avatar


Trojan
02.14.2012 , 05:37 PM | #79
Question, i was told last night that master looter for HM was bugged in that it either mysteriously ate drops or that it just didnt work at all....

can someone confirm if this info is correct?

SamuraiCrazy's Avatar


SamuraiCrazy
02.18.2012 , 02:48 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Question, i was told last night that master looter for HM was bugged in that it either mysteriously ate drops or that it just didnt work at all....

can someone confirm if this info is correct?
yes ml has been bugged for sometime now

after playing with the loot options we learned that free for all worked best as you still have to roll on every drop. allowed us to roll one item at a time and simply say who does and does not roll, closest thing to ml atm.
EMPIRE'S ELITE
The Fatman