Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Master Luke vs Darth Sidius


mefit's Avatar


mefit
02.18.2012 , 01:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
I wouldn't say Palpatine scored on that one... I mean ya he did get Vader for the backstabbing but in the end he still died, his plans all failed horribly, and Luke still lived... so Palpatine lost in ever way that counts and Luke won... You seem to only want to go by what the movies show and ignore everything else that is considered canonical by Lucasfilm Ltd (which owns SW) ... they make it clear Luke wins and Palpatine loses in a very unflattering way...

You would think if Palpatine was so powerful in the force his danger sense would have warned him a dying cripple was very slowly moving against him.. I mean come on Vader wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it... He just walked up and grabbed him
You keep saying Lucas this or that , well Lucas made the movies and Luke did not do anything in the fact that the Emperor died other than being there and being the Son of Vadar who loved him.

Vadar was conflicted and the Emperor was short sighted in his want to turn Luke and when Luke would not change the Emperor wanted to kill him. Vadar caught the Emperor off guard and killed the Emperor .......
In the end really nothing in all that shows any power Luke had other than he was the Son of a Guy who changed the fate of the Empire


If we go nonecanon and EU , the Empire goes on afterwards and even after every clone of Palpitine dies.

Lucas is a Good Beats Evil story teller and it was bound to happen. I think it was wrote well, and I think Luke fans are making more out of it than it was.

Sure without Luke Vadar probably would have never turned on the Emperor. But Luke is not the one who did anything other than that ! Until Vadar tossed him down the hole , Luke was getting owned by Palpitine who you say is weaker. What is , is what is .

Debat more if you like but anyone can pull up the movie LUCAS MADE and see Luke on the ground begging for his father for help while the Emperor barely using his power was killing him .
Wasnt Luke that threw the finishing blow , it was Vadar who died for it
Wasnt Luke who planned out the battle either , it was the Rebels

Luke was a major figure in it all but again , not THE MOST POWERFUL . If he was , the Emperor would not be the one who was winning the fight and Luke would have never been on the ground.

If Luke was the most powerful out the three he would have done what Yoda did when he fought Sidious and deflected the lightning . But he didn't because he couldn't .

Movie > anything said

Lucas made the movie and the movie is why we are all here playing the game or day dreaming anything SW !

Liquidacid's Avatar


Liquidacid
02.18.2012 , 02:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
You keep saying Lucas this or that , well Lucas made the movies and Luke did not do anything in the fact that the Emperor died other than being there and being the Son of Vadar who loved him.

Vadar was conflicted and the Emperor was short sighted in his want to turn Luke and when Luke would not change the Emperor wanted to kill him. Vadar caught the Emperor off guard and killed the Emperor .......
In the end really nothing in all that shows any power Luke had other than he was the Son of a Guy who changed the fate of the Empire


If we go nonecanon and EU , the Empire goes on afterwards and even after every clone of Palpitine dies.

Lucas is a Good Beats Evil story teller and it was bound to happen. I think it was wrote well, and I think Luke fans are making more out of it than it was.

Sure without Luke Vadar probably would have never turned on the Emperor. But Luke is not the one who did anything other than that ! Until Vadar tossed him down the hole , Luke was getting owned by Palpitine who you say is weaker. What is , is what is .

Debat more if you like but anyone can pull up the movie LUCAS MADE and see Luke on the ground begging for his father for help while the Emperor barely using his power was killing him .
Wasnt Luke that threw the finishing blow , it was Vadar who died for it
Wasnt Luke who planned out the battle either , it was the Rebels

Luke was a major figure in it all but again , not THE MOST POWERFUL . If he was , the Emperor would not be the one who was winning the fight and Luke would have never been on the ground.

If Luke was the most powerful out the three he would have done what Yoda did when he fought Sidious and deflected the lightning . But he didn't because he couldn't .

Movie > anything said

Lucas made the movie and the movie is why we are all here playing the game or day dreaming anything SW !
we have to go with EU Luke ... because of the simple fact the threads title says MASTER Luke vs. Darth Sidius and Luke wasn't a master til after the movies... your entire argument is now moot

Master Luke SKywalker > Palpatine by miles
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Kadra's Avatar


Kadra
02.18.2012 , 04:12 AM | #23
Quote:
Luke became so powerful in the novels that they had to nerf him to some degree just to keep the plot interesting.
To the point of absurdness. All those novels and comics and other stuff are often just a load of horse ****, invented out of thin air by some idiots for small children. They are more like magic stories, completely out of line with what we see in the movies. So I just disregard these creations, which describe Sidious as being able to mind wipe billions of people or destroying stars (and what the hell was he doing in the movies if he had such tremendous powers) and I can't even imagine what they wrote about Luke, who was so much more powerful so they even "had to nerf him". I'm certain he could accidentally destroy a star system by sneezing. What a load of crap.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
02.18.2012 , 04:36 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Alot of People say Leia was more powerful than Luke and even Lucas has here and there made coments towards it , but nothing in the movies shown here to be anything of a force user other than her link to Luke .

So in the end , Movies > Lucas later coments.
Till he remakes them to show otherwise , ever current copy of ROTJ show Luke on the ground getting messed up by a old man berely breaking a sweat ............well really not even breaking a sweat .

If by losing makes you more powerful than so be it !
Where could you have possibly gotten that? Leia wasn't an official Jedi. She stopped because it was messing with her Political/Diplomat Job.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
05.24.2012 , 09:06 PM | #25
If Vader threw Palpatine down a shaft once, I think Luke could do it too.
Like father, like son.
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Velaran's Avatar


Velaran
05.24.2012 , 09:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Canon wise , Sidious
None Canon wise , Luke

Luke does not become a Master and number 1 till EU and lucas stated everything after the movies did not happen and are not canon.

Just another reason why I hate Lucas's hate for EU and this whole Canon Fanboy bs.
No. There's a reason C-Canon exists.

On topic, Luke.

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
05.24.2012 , 09:39 PM | #27
How would Sidious fall to Luke.
I think he is a little too old now.
He might slip while fighting and break his back...
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

TKMaster's Avatar


TKMaster
05.25.2012 , 01:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
That is true but I will give him points for taking out the backstabber who tossed him down the hole . After all Vadar was only alive for little while after before his suit and body gave out from being shocked to death .

Palpitine scores one for that !
I would say I would rather him killing the cry baby Luke than Vadar but can't have it all I guess !
I just want to know one thing.....do you spell Vader as "Vadar" intentionally?

RDeanOU's Avatar


RDeanOU
05.25.2012 , 02:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
we have to go with EU Luke ... because of the simple fact the threads title says MASTER Luke vs. Darth Sidius and Luke wasn't a master til after the movies... your entire argument is now moot

Master Luke SKywalker > Palpatine by miles
This!

When the thread title explicitly asks us to compare the EU Luke that was a Jedi Master to Darth Sidious and you insist that we must use the ROTJ Luke who was just barely a Jedi Knight it comes across like you aren't arguing in good faith.

dazednconfuzed's Avatar


dazednconfuzed
05.25.2012 , 03:57 AM | #30
From an EU viewpoint...
Master Skywalker would kick Palp's wrinkly purple behind.

From a 'movie-canon' viewpoint...
It could be argued that Luke is still stronger than both Vader and Palpatine. After all, he is the only one of the three of them that didn't give in to the dark side, and indeed was pure enough to be able to pull his father, Vader, back from where he was, way deep down into the dark side of the Force.

Also, he didn't go to the Death Star to kill the Emperor, he went to redeem his father. In that, he succeeded.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.