Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Balance the factions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Balance the factions?

ToRkaz
02.17.2012 , 09:23 PM | #1
I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of having no ilum pvp and long queue times due to imbalanced faction populations. It's probably like this on all the servers. I think Bioware needs to do something to balance the factions or pvp in their game will not be successful.

Why not implement something like a mirrored class change? IE scoundrels can switch to operatives, marauders can switch to sentinels, maybe even for free to fix this problem. I know this could encourage republic players to switch to empire so they won't be outnumbered, but maybe they could make it a one-way faction transfer, based on the faction populations of the server. If there's too many imperials. Make the mirrored class switch available to imperials only.

As much as I love the empire faction, I'd gladly switch to Commando if it means there will be better, more enjoyable pvp for both factions.

Thoughts?
"Never tell me the odds."

You never know, I might roll 100.

Gigo
02.17.2012 , 09:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ToRkaz View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of having no ilum pvp and long queue times due to imbalanced faction populations. It's probably like this on all the servers. I think Bioware needs to do something to balance the factions or pvp in their game will not be successful.

Why not implement something like a mirrored class change? IE scoundrels can switch to operatives, marauders can switch to sentinels, maybe even for free to fix this problem. I know this could encourage republic players to switch to empire so they won't be outnumbered, but maybe they could make it a one-way faction transfer, based on the faction populations of the server. If there's too many imperials. Make the mirrored class switch available to imperials only.

As much as I love the empire faction, I'd gladly switch to Commando if it means there will be better, more enjoyable pvp for both factions.

Thoughts?

why does it matter?

Since ALL PVP happens in pop-capped areas there really isn't a gameplay need to even out the sides. It's not like there are so few of one side that even if they tried they couldn't hit the cap for ilum.

Long PvP queues isn't their problem, you chose the popular side and that's what comes with it, enjoy having enough loose players to generally not need to organize on Ilum.

You have to organize to take Ilum? you chose the unpopular side so sorry, enjoy your short PvP queues and lack of chain huttball.