Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial operatives burst damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Imperial operatives burst damage

finetop
02.17.2012 , 07:27 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by KeltikTwo View Post
I also play healer commando and healer operative, but experimented with thier dps forms on guild mates (duel faction guilds are great eh? :P) to build up understanding. I used to be fairly keen on pvp in swtor.
That is cool of course.

IMO, lots of this is because cloak screens cooldown is so damn long. Not only is it only ~50% effective (maybe as high as 75-85% in the hands of a very skilled player) but the cooldown is >2 mins. I kinda feel mind warp and sleep dart are very powerful too (and very unfun to play against), so I understand the desire to keep vanish access a little limited...

I'm definitely not the best pvper, so my $0.02. You sound a little more accomplished to me for sure.

PostalTwinkie
02.17.2012 , 07:37 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by XxPetexX View Post
Is just insane.

A lot of ppl complain about sorcerers which I can understand but from my point of view imperial opweatives are the worst.

I'm usually down to 30% hp before I can even move or retaliate.

I'm a champion geared (most parts) jedi sentinel and a imp perative can actually stand toe to toe and just out dps me in a clear melee fight.

Maybe I just don't know how to fight them but they scare me to death
A Raged spec Jugg will eat an Ops and pretty much every other class. Player skill and gear being equal....

KeltikTwo
02.17.2012 , 07:38 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by finetop View Post
That is cool of course.

IMO, lots of this is because cloak screens cooldown is so damn long. Not only is it only ~50% effective (maybe as high as 75-85% in the hands of a very skilled player) but the cooldown is >2 mins. I kinda feel mind warp and sleep dart are very powerful too (and very unfun to play against), so I understand the desire to keep vanish access a little limited...

I'm definitely not the best pvper, so my $0.02. You sound a little more accomplished to me for sure.
Well, not anymore ( I'm in this weekends GW2 beta so am scouting it for my guild, the joys of being a media employee :P). I think this is the last day my swtor accounts active but hey, only posting while I patch up ( GW 2!!!1!!!1!!!)

Dee-Jay
02.17.2012 , 07:40 PM | #44
Operatives are really odd at times.

I've personally been on the receiving end of a 100-30% 4 second stun, through heavy armor and Blade Ward.

On the other hand I've also rolled over just as many Operatives and encountered them in situations where they couldn't put up much of a fight.

Therefor I conclude that it's not so much the abilities in themselves that are OP, but rather the synergy with other aspects of the class mixed with Relics and Adrenals.

An Operative has a very easy time selecting his target out of stealth. Enemies don't see them coming and so they have a free pick. This allows them to set up their burst accordingly, including preemptive use of cooldowns, especially Relics + Adrenals.

Honestly, I think the problem is far more related to relics + adrenal stacking than Operative abilities themselves.

Anwedie
02.17.2012 , 07:40 PM | #45
Operatives burst is still pretty insane. You're at around 40% health left after you pick yourself off the ground and that's if they don't just stun you again and your CC breaker happens to be up. Sure they may be a little tiny bit squishier than most classes, but all classes in this game have about the same HP(which is stupid imo). Respawn is automatic anyways so who cares about squishiness in warfronts anyways.

Ryanirl
02.17.2012 , 07:55 PM | #46
Operatives just got nerfed hard and baddies are crying for another. The operative doing this much damage to you probably is in full battlemaster and used an adrenal. Operative is my only character in this game and since I hit 50 I have tried all specs and always end up going medic spec. Post nerf I have not died to an operative/scoundrel 1v1 at all that I can recall.. Quit being bad and study the skills a class has if you're having problems with them to find out their weaknesses instead of coming to the forums and complaining about a class that just received an extremely large nerf.

I think sorcs are ridiculous but you won't see me ever posting here calling for nerfs to their class.. I just played a huttball where the opposing team was composed entirely of sorcs/assassins with one powertech. The numbers of people rolling this class are evidence enough of their ridiculousness.

Dronp
02.17.2012 , 08:03 PM | #47
Rofl kids still complaining about OP burst? I thought wow forums were bad...the baddies on these forums make them look like pro gramers. OP burst sucked even before the latest surge nerf now its less than useless against anyone with a brain

jmdatcs
02.17.2012 , 08:14 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaIceTea View Post
I'm not exactly sure what their gear looked like. Also, it's not within the span of 1 GCD, they might have to blow all of their cooldowns to complete they cycle, but it's definitely a death sentence if my escape is on cooldown.
So you're saying this happens when your CDs are blown, and only when they blow all their CDs? Of course you get owned in that situation. It has nothing to do with the class. If I want to bust my entire CD nut on one kill, any of my toons can do that.
Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. - Albert Camus
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. - Kurt Vonnegut

Absalon
02.17.2012 , 08:27 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by KeltikTwo View Post
Healers ? Good god, they should take a 99% heal reduction in pvp, in fact, all the time !
Already in the game. It's called Cloaking Screen.