Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ZERO faith in Customer Service?

tccurry
02.17.2012 , 08:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Silverveign View Post
This is incorrect. The party was eligible for loot by the encounter design, but due to a bug were unable to zone in and collect their loot.

Come on, I get the OP was being pissy but that does not mean you should tell him incorrect information. You are better than that.
Yes, I was being pissy. I apologize.

Silverveign
02.17.2012 , 08:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by tccurry View Post
Yes, I was being pissy. I apologize.
We all have bad days, it is part of what makes us human.
Crimson
Lord Praven (US)
Mazui - 50 Sentinel & Kokoro - 50 Sage

Satans_Valet
02.17.2012 , 08:40 AM | #13
+1. Was in a group yesterday in False Emperor that this happened to. 1 person got knocked off in the final fight, but the other 3 lived. He was not allowed back in and we were able to loot the container, and it did let him roll on the items, but he was not able to get the crystals. Absolutely no reason for someone to not be allowed to re-enter, especially if others are still active. ESPECIALLY in a quest that goes out of it's way to make falling death a likely outcome. It's not like we could offer him a rez.

tccurry
02.17.2012 , 09:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Satans_Valet View Post
+1. Was in a group yesterday in False Emperor that this happened to. 1 person got knocked off in the final fight, but the other 3 lived. He was not allowed back in and we were able to loot the container, and it did let him roll on the items, but he was not able to get the crystals. Absolutely no reason for someone to not be allowed to re-enter, especially if others are still active. ESPECIALLY in a quest that goes out of it's way to make falling death a likely outcome. It's not like we could offer him a rez.
This is it exactly.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to not be allowed to re-enter the instance since we are already locked out from completing the quest for another day!

What if the group skipped trash and wanted to go back in and clear some more? We are locked to this instance why can we not re-enter if it pleases us?

They should at least enable a droid rez on the last boss this may help solve the issue.

Jimdor
02.17.2012 , 09:31 AM | #15
For those with problems with the customer service problems, i have a new suggestion for you. I too have problems with the lack of Customer Service. The lack of BioWare giving a crap about those of us who have issues with the game. Whatever those issues are.

Hit them where it hurts. Not in the pocketbook, although i suggest that too, but on PR. There is a great thing called Facebook. SWTOR has a page there. Go there. Post it there. Let the 900+ million people hear your voices. Bad press is not what BioWare or EA wants. The problem with the forums is you are only going to get the people who have problems, and the people who tell you to suck it up.

Social Media is the best way to get your voice heard. Use it! I have.

tccurry
02.17.2012 , 09:39 AM | #16
They MOVED this OUT of the customer service forum?

WOW! Thanks for applying the correct punctuation to my complaint. !!!!!!!!!!!

This IS NOT ABOUT FLASHPOINTS.. THIS IS ABOUT THE LACK OF FAITH IN CS THAT MANY OF US, IF NOT THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS HAVE!

dchero
02.17.2012 , 10:02 AM | #17
The problem here really is the "release back to med center". Revive next time and you won't have the problem.

I don't know that they can "fix" the red door issue ... cause that is what this really is.

Apply what you are asking to the entire game and then see if it make sense.

A) You enter a "green door" (Story Area).

B) You kill a bunch of stuff, including the boss.

C) You forget to loot *something*

D) You Leave through the Green Door

E) Door Turns Red

No .. wait ... the door doesn't Turn Red ... cause you left loot on the floor decaying .. so the door stays green. This is what your asking the game to do.

So the Door is green and you continue on ... and then you finish the next step of the mission and you head back to the green door to proceed ... and what do you find? Yes, you guessed it ... a dead quest boss on the floor ... with some stupid minion back in the corner with loot rotting causing the game engine to keep the "Green Door" open. You curse the game for being broken and not giving you the next step of the mission.

The issue is with how Story Area's work ... and how they keep you out once the STORY IS DONE. There is no real difference between a flash point story and any other story.

Changing the "Green Door" to sometimes stay "Green" because there is loot rotting on a corpse is probably not going to happen. Changing the Green Door to stay Green only when X, Y and Z and the stars align else turn Red probably isn't going to happen either.

What they should do is put a confirmation on the "release to med center" when it means the door will be red. ie: If you release to Med Center now, you can not get back in ... are you sure you want that?".

Cause that is the real issue ... it's not the Green Door being Red .. it's letting you release to the Med Center without knowing the Door will be Red. Yes, that means you might have to *wait* for your loot cause you got a rez timer ... but I just don't see them spending any programming cycles on making the Green Door not turn Red if the stars align just right.

Qilz
02.17.2012 , 10:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by dchero View Post
The problem here really is the "release back to med center". Revive next time and you won't have the problem.

I don't know that they can "fix" the red door issue ... cause that is what this really is.

Apply what you are asking to the entire game and then see if it make sense.

A) You enter a "green door" (Story Area).

B) You kill a bunch of stuff, including the boss.

C) You forget to loot *something*

D) You Leave through the Green Door

E) Door Turns Red

No .. wait ... the door doesn't Turn Red ... cause you left loot on the floor decaying .. so the door stays green. This is what your asking the game to do.

So the Door is green and you continue on ... and then you finish the next step of the mission and you head back to the green door to proceed ... and what do you find? Yes, you guessed it ... a dead quest boss on the floor ... with some stupid minion back in the corner with loot rotting causing the game engine to keep the "Green Door" open. You curse the game for being broken and not giving you the next step of the mission.

The issue is with how Story Area's work ... and how they keep you out once the STORY IS DONE. There is no real difference between a flash point story and any other story.

Changing the "Green Door" to sometimes stay "Green" because there is loot rotting on a corpse is probably not going to happen. Changing the Green Door to stay Green only when X, Y and Z and the stars align else turn Red probably isn't going to happen either.

What they should do is put a confirmation on the "release to med center" when it means the door will be red. ie: If you release to Med Center now, you can not get back in ... are you sure you want that?".

Cause that is the real issue ... it's not the Green Door being Red .. it's letting you release to the Med Center without knowing the Door will be Red. Yes, that means you might have to *wait* for your loot cause you got a rez timer ... but I just don't see them spending any programming cycles on making the Green Door not turn Red if the stars align just right.
Wow....do you have any clue whatsoever what the OP is talking about? Have you ever run a flashpoint? Do you even play this game? Good lord the stupidity on these forums.

Revive? If you die in an instance with a wipe, you have no option to revive where you died. It's outside...period. If you get thrown off the ledge during False Emperor, you cannot revive, you cannot be rezzed, you are outside.

Green door, red door, LOL.

Novastinger
02.17.2012 , 10:31 AM | #19
I'd have to agree, I've stopped attempting any /bug report or customer service tickets... I'm convinced they are not read by any humans. So your best bet is to just read the forums to know which bugs are out there, and then try to avoid them. The chance of getting loot that you could not loot because of bugs is nil from my experiences, and so filling a support ticket out is a waste of time.

tccurry
02.17.2012 , 05:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Qilz View Post
Wow....do you have any clue whatsoever what the OP is talking about? Have you ever run a flashpoint? Do you even play this game? Good lord the stupidity on these forums.

Revive? If you die in an instance with a wipe, you have no option to revive where you died. It's outside...period. If you get thrown off the ledge during False Emperor, you cannot revive, you cannot be rezzed, you are outside.

Green door, red door, LOL.
^This

Thanks for understanding the whole point.

All they really have to do is allow us to continue to enter the instance after the last boss is dead. It can't be more than a few lines of code.

I really don't see what the big deal is.

We are already locked out from running additional instances that day. The physical lockout makes no sense and adds a level of frustration to the game that is not necessary.