Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Asia Pacific Servers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Question about Asia Pacific Servers.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bahugboto
02.14.2012 , 07:03 PM | #1
I have an existing account and wish to start a new character on these servers, will there be an Asia/Pacific tab under the location selection list added just like Europe and North America? Does it mean that anyone with existing subscriptions will be able to play on the new servers? Some more info on this will be helpful.

JovethGonzalez
02.17.2012 , 11:58 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by bahugboto View Post
I have an existing account and wish to start a new character on these servers, will there be an Asia/Pacific tab under the location selection list added just like Europe and North America? Does it mean that anyone with existing subscriptions will be able to play on the new servers? Some more info on this will be helpful.
Hi bahugboto! Thanks for your questions! Yes there will be, in fact, an Asia/Pacific tab under the location selection list and anyone with an active SWTOR account will be able to play on these servers We hope that helps!

Owsley
02.17.2012 , 01:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi bahugboto! Thanks for your questions! Yes there will be, in fact, an Asia/Pacific tab under the location selection list and anyone with an active SWTOR account will be able to play on these servers We hope that helps!
Will these servers be on a different patch/maintenance schedule? When I played UO, I would log into the Oceanic server when the US mainland was down for maintenance.

xpactor
02.17.2012 , 03:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
Will these servers be on a different patch/maintenance schedule? When I played UO, I would log into the Oceanic server when the US mainland was down for maintenance.
this is already answered in the FAQ page. the answer is no it will follow the same maintenance schedule as the US/EU servers.

Spaj
02.19.2012 , 01:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xpactor View Post
this is already answered in the FAQ page. the answer is no it will follow the same maintenance schedule as the US/EU servers.
Which is awesome really /sarcasm off. The opportunity arises to change the constant oceanic shafting every mmo has with maintenance times. Currently (always) Early morning US, Mid morning EU - Primetime oceanic - wee cycle continues.

Seems like a lot of work/money for faster ping times.

illusionMaximus
02.20.2012 , 12:56 AM | #6
Hope they change their minds on that one.

Letitbit
02.20.2012 , 04:00 AM | #7
Do we know how many servers will be launched in Oceanic Area? How many in each reagion? Is there anywhere where we can pre-check server names?

jonozofoz
02.27.2012 , 09:10 PM | #8
Im pretty sure different maintenance times were recently announced.

How is Bioware going to handle all the US players flooding to the Asia/Pacific servers during their downtime?