Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are boss loot drops based off of what classes are in the party?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Are boss loot drops based off of what classes are in the party?

MithrilSoul
02.17.2012 , 10:54 AM | #21
I can't figure this out. WhenI am in groups of 4, it seems random. But when I go on my high level char and solo lower-level FP's to try to pick up orange moddable gear for my companions, I swear at least 80-90% of the orange items that drop are for my class.

That can't be random. I have solo'd a bare minimum of 30 full flashpoints, all bosses, and it is easily 80% consular gear that drops, maybe 90%.

The odds on that being random are so incredibly small they are essentially zero.
Varwe, lvl 50 Mirialan Jedi Shadow tank
Chief Officer, Ring of Destiny
recruiting mature, semi-casual players of all classes on Jedi Covenant server
Honor ~ Loyalty ~ Respect

Rantank
02.17.2012 , 12:30 PM | #22
I would love to see a BW rep pop in here and answer this but WoW has been around for 7+ years and people are still arguing about how loot is seeded. Maybe we need to know the secret handshake before they'll spill....
Defeating a standing army goes for time and a half.

Csisko
02.17.2012 , 12:58 PM | #23
My experience is only with Normal mode and I usually see items drop to match the party. If this isn't normal then I am just lucky.
I took a BH along that didn't need the gear with my IA just to get Kaliyo equiped and it worked. Maybe I am just lucky. I'm sure when I hit 50 I'll get hosed and nothing for me will drop.

Siorac
02.17.2012 , 01:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MithrilSoul View Post
I can't figure this out. WhenI am in groups of 4, it seems random. But when I go on my high level char and solo lower-level FP's to try to pick up orange moddable gear for my alts, I swear at least 80-90% of the orange items that drop are for my class.

That can't be random. I have solo'd a bare minimum of 30 full flashpoints, all bosses, and it is easily 80% consular gear that drops, maybe 90%.

The odds on that being random are so incredibly small they are essentially zero.
Aren't those orange drops BoP anyway? I soloed Hammer Station and Esseles a few times for lightside points and all the stuff the bosses dropped was BoP.

But yeah, they seemed very much based on my class. And on my Smuggler, in two normal Esseles runs with another human player, I got two orange blasters, two orange jackets and two Esseles gloves... it was a little crazy. Wasn't complaining though.

MithrilSoul
02.17.2012 , 02:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Aren't those orange drops BoP anyway? I soloed Hammer Station and Esseles a few times for lightside points and all the stuff the bosses dropped was BoP.

But yeah, they seemed very much based on my class. And on my Smuggler, in two normal Esseles runs with another human player, I got two orange blasters, two orange jackets and two Esseles gloves... it was a little crazy. Wasn't complaining though.
Yeah, I mean to say "companions" in my initial post, not "alts. I'll go back and edit it.
Varwe, lvl 50 Mirialan Jedi Shadow tank
Chief Officer, Ring of Destiny
recruiting mature, semi-casual players of all classes on Jedi Covenant server
Honor ~ Loyalty ~ Respect

Galbatorrix
02.17.2012 , 02:04 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post

On My Marauder, I ran TBT 4 times in a row with a BH and every single drop was AIM. I then soloed the first Droid boss after those three and my Marauder's Vest dropped.....

It may be random, but the classes present have to effect the RNG in some way. Maybe giving an extra % to the roll based off the classes in the group or something.

Anadri
02.17.2012 , 02:09 PM | #27
BH gear is all that ever drops when I run HM's. Doesn't matter if there is one in the group or not, thats all the bosses seem to have on them.

LordOfTheBees
03.09.2012 , 01:29 PM | #28
It's especially fun when you do Soa HM and get 2 IA Mainhand drops and 1 IA Chestpiece with no IA's in the Ops Group. Fun fun.

Prophetic
03.09.2012 , 04:07 PM | #29
This thread's a tad old, but regardless, I'd like to direct you to this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=224675

A lot of people seem to think that group make-up really affects which loot drops. It's very prevalent with people who tend to run with the same exact group (like myself).

Lithonion
11.30.2012 , 10:07 PM | #30
I did a test tonight, I did 20 runs with my 50 BH and on the final kill, all 20 times, Cademimu Ranger's Greaves, Cademimu Trusty Holdout. I then did 10 runs with my SI and I got the Foeseeker's Body Armor and I forget the second drop. I took my BH in there cause I like the looks for the Foeseekers's Body Armor, but after 20 runs with the excact same drops from every named kill I would say its not very random. I did get two variations on drops on the first kill. One time I got the earpiece and the other time sharpshooter pants. But I find it odd out of 20 runs the drops did not vary.