Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Or Assasin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sorcerer Or Assasin?

fatheadx
12.13.2011 , 07:41 PM | #11
Im going Healing specced Sorc for my first toon. Healing is one of my favorite specs to learn on. Learning instances/dungeons, always seems easier sitting back and keeping everyone healed than trying to deal damage or tanking, as it just seems to take more of your attention. I am really excited, but mad at myself for procrastinating as usual. I didnt pre order until a week ago, so im sure by the time im allowed to play, the servers will have already crashed, lol.

Sanquind
12.13.2011 , 07:42 PM | #12
Just to put it in very simple turns:
Assassin: Rogue, damage and tank specs.
Sorcerer: Mage, healer and caster specs.

Pick which role you like to play.

Nemu
12.13.2011 , 08:08 PM | #13
I prefer playing healers as well, and had planned on rolling a Sorcerer to do that, but frankly I had a lot more fun healing as a BH Merc and just going Sin on my SI.

Just a thought. ;D
Proud vet of the 367

Jadalyn
12.15.2011 , 11:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Anawyn View Post
The sorcerer gets a single-bladed lightsaber, the assassin has a double. The sorcerer can spec as a healer, while the assassin can spec as a tank. Both can be dps, but sorcerers can't tank and assassins can't heal. Hope that helps.
Once the sorcerer gets his bubble shield spell, he can tank surprising amounts of damage. The sorcer tanks by cc'ing, kiting, and healing himself. I'm not talking about tanking flashpoints per se, but the Sorcerer has quite a bit of survivability in questing and pvp.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.