Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NINJAS! We know who you are!

Illyean
02.17.2012 , 07:51 AM | #111
Love the loot Jawa term, that's a keeper for sure.

I think everyone needs to understand that regardless of a players ability to use an item (for themselves or companion) or their plan to GTN it, they have an equal right to the loot that drops, same as everyone else in the FP, to think you have a greater right to something compared to anyone else is a degree of arrogance only outdone by your own ignorance!

Need is a relative (and very different to 'right') term and can only be agreed by everyone up front, the need for companions or not is not something the game mechanics cater for, companions are YOU, an item bound to you can be used by them, you are one and the same.

Need/greed is designed to allow players to give preference to other players for loot because they want to defer to someone who has a need (however you define it) for an item or they simply don't care. Its not a way for you to claim it, its a way for me to let you have it, same outcome, very very different perspective!

If the orange consular belt drops and I have one already but the other consular does not, whose need is greater? his because he can use the item? or mine because I can sell it for 500k and he can buy it with the 5M he has already made (v's the 100k I've scraped together)?

Its not something you can make a rule for or expect your rule to stick unless you agree it upfront, if in doubt everyone roll need and have a fair chance at every item. FAIR chance. I didnt come into your PUG to get you gear, not unless that's what we agreed to first.

The loot rules suck, its that simple, but its all there is until they add in the other options we have been used to for years in every other game.

BMBender
02.17.2012 , 08:14 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Negflar View Post
Here's my issue and maybe you can help me. Everyone complains about Ninja looters and I understand the concept and why it would be a problem.

Here's the problem I have though. How are you supposed to be able to tell in the middle of a firefight at a glance, that the item is something you need or not? I'm serious. I know I'm probably going to get laughed at for this but I mean it. An item pops up and I'm supposed to make a split second decision about that item all while I'm monitoring my health bar, spamming attacks on an enemy and dodging return fire. I don't know how I can do that. But if I guess wrong, if I hit need instead of greed or need when I should have passed, than suddenly I'm a Ninja looter and it's ignore city.

How do you deal with that? Do you just wait until the firefight is over and then choose? What do you do?

Thanks.
If an idiot is stupid enough to loot during a fight he/she deserves to roll against need. My advice? always roll need if someone does that.
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

BMBender
02.17.2012 , 08:17 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Illyean View Post
If the orange consular belt drops and I have one already but the other consular does not, whose need is greater? his because he can use the item? or mine because I can sell it for 500k and he can buy it with the 5M he has already made (v's the 100k I've scraped together)?
glad your not a member of my guild, lol course would not be for long. That mentality will guarantee a reserved slot on my ignore list.
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

Illyean
02.17.2012 , 08:23 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by BMBender View Post
glad your not a member of my guild, lol course would not be for long. That mentality will guarantee a reserved slot on my ignore list.
It was an example specifically worded to flush out the sense of entitlement some think they have to things everyone has worked equally for, you proved the point nicely really