Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To Cheat Death

Varangian
02.17.2012 , 01:29 AM | #11
Darth Plagueis learned to cheat by extending his through the manipulation of midi-chlorians. However, he hadn't yet passed that knowledge on to Darth Sidious when he died (drunk and asleep) so that particular nugget of a Force power, eternal life in a single body, died with him.

I don't remember where I heard this, but I recall Sidious lamenting about this lost ability somewhere.
I come not to debate but to burn.

Felbear
02.17.2012 , 01:56 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Varangian View Post
Darth Plagueis learned to cheat by extending his through the manipulation of midi-chlorians. However, he hadn't yet passed that knowledge on to Darth Sidious when he died (drunk and asleep) so that particular nugget of a Force power, eternal life in a single body, died with him.

I don't remember where I heard this, but I recall Sidious lamenting about this lost ability somewhere.
I don't think he did much sleeping when sidious started torturing him... he was drunk though, and he was asleep when it started. =P

undeadsithdread
02.17.2012 , 02:30 AM | #13
Sith assassin Forever!

BrandonSM
02.17.2012 , 07:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by areto View Post
Well Darth Bane did it in those Bane books, so presumably something similar was possible. But then maybe Darth Bane didn't do it right and didn't cheat death, the end of the book was a cliff hanger but everyone on here seems to think he did it and I don't know any better than them.
He didn't.

Vader didn't.

Sidious did, and he would have become immortal if it wasn't for Luke and all his buddies turning the giant Force Storm against him.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

SteveWestfall
07.14.2014 , 08:59 PM | #15
I wonder if he is talking about the Sith Emperor. I mean there are several Sith Lords who still "exsist" on Korriban as Force Ghosts. But most Sith focused on preserving their original bodies. Palpatine achieved a means of cheating death, as others mentioned, thru Essense Transfer into clones.

The Sith Emperor is the only one I can think of who kept his original body for thousands of years. Yes he took control of other bodies almost the entire time but his original form was still intact and usable (I'm assuming).

For all intents and purposes, I think the Sith Emperor is who Palpatine is refering too in Episode 3 when he says..

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved"

Jrr_hypernova
07.15.2014 , 06:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveWestfall View Post
I wonder if he is talking about the Sith Emperor. I mean there are several Sith Lords who still "exsist" on Korriban as Force Ghosts. But most Sith focused on preserving their original bodies. Palpatine achieved a means of cheating death, as others mentioned, thru Essense Transfer into clones.

The Sith Emperor is the only one I can think of who kept his original body for thousands of years. Yes he took control of other bodies almost the entire time but his original form was still intact and usable (I'm assuming).

For all intents and purposes, I think the Sith Emperor is who Palpatine is refering too in Episode 3 when he says..

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved"
datrh viviate (or whartever his name is) didn't exist at that point sidious ment plagus

S_W_LeGenD
07.16.2014 , 01:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by lorddarklon View Post
Did Palpatine and Vader ever figure out how to cheat death like Darth Plagueis did. Yes I know they both died and Plagueis did as well. And I am not talking about the clone thing I mean did they find out how Plaguesis did it.
Vader never figured out a way to cheat death using dark side practices but Palpatine achieved this capability by acquiring Essence Transfer talent.

Palpatine was aware of achievements of Darth Plagueis because he was his apprentice and witnessed his actions (Legends continuity based information). However, Palpatine did not pursue the art of "Midi-chlorian Manipulation" like his Master for the said purpose, to figure out a way to cheat death.

Keep in mind though that existing (Post) Episode 6 content is under threat of being retconned by upcoming content such as Episode 7 movie and others. So Palpatine's ability to cheat death can be officially overruled in this manner unless verified in another source. Basically, Disney might re-write entire (Post) Episode 6 history.

Read this: http://www.starwars.com/news/the-leg...-new-page.html

ToMyMa
07.16.2014 , 03:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Argolisk View Post
Ultimately I think "cheating" death is a power only Lightside users can achieve. Qui-gonn, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin being the prime examples.
And Luke

Cade Skywalker saw him in a vision, yo!
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Return of Yavin
Tomb of Freedon Nadd