Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

JediRios
02.16.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1
So i have tried to get into watching clone wars but I just can't. Ahsoka just annoys the hell out of me and i hate the attitude she give to jedi masters such as obi wan and even a jedi like anakin. Anakin was bad enough being a whiny padawan but i can stand ahsoka! I don't understand why people like the series so much. I also feel like she is overpowered for a padawan, and sometimes she makes anakin in and obi wan look stupid which is kinda ridiculous. I did like the old clone wars series however as it showed much more action and the fights were way more epic than the ones in the new clone wars imo. So....Whats your opinion? What do you think of Ashoka?

valin-krai
02.16.2012 , 10:16 PM | #2
I felt the same way at first, but have grown to love her over the last 4 seasons of TCW. She is just a 14 year old eager to prove herself. She sees Anakin more as an older brother than a Master early on. Just keep watching.
Kitster is the real hero of the Star Wars saga.

JediRios
02.16.2012 , 10:20 PM | #3
Idk, Its almost as if they want to show her to be more powerful than the masters. I will keep watching but its like the show is about her and not the clone wars.

ErikModi
02.16.2012 , 11:26 PM | #4
She really develops into an interesting character as the series progresses, especially in Season 3, as the show as a whole develops a more mature tone.

And not every episode focuses on her, and there are several where Ahsoka, indeed none of the major characters, ever appear.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Stranger_D
02.16.2012 , 11:30 PM | #5
She does NOT stronger than Anakin or Obi-wan does. They make it look that way but it really isn't. For example in the movies, you can see that Obi-Wan and Anakin can defeat Magnaguard with ease(until plot required) while Ahsoka exhausting herself while killing them.

Beside, they need to establish her character as a dependable padawan(yet hothead and quirky sometime) on first season before other writer flanderize her as a damsel in distress.

Don't 'picking' her too much and you will be fine.

areto
02.16.2012 , 11:42 PM | #6
I really like how she changed over the series. I watched the first and second series where she seemed very young but now watching the fourth one she has really grown up a lot. I'm pretty sure she has even physically changed which is quite clever for an animated series.

I also notice that Anakin calls her snips a lot less, and when he does it seems to harken back to her childhood rather then being her current nickname, I think it's one of the best slow boil relationships (not the romantic kind) depicted in starwars, in fact even the way anakin and obi wan interact is far more convincing then in the movies.

I think it's really a triumph for the star wars name and it continually gets better and better.
“People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”

ErikModi
02.17.2012 , 12:03 AM | #7
Yes, she does physically change as the series timeline progresses (there are a few out-of-order episodes.) Her montrals (the horns on top of her head) get taller, she herself gets taller, her head-tails get longer and more slender, and. . . err. . . her figure becomes more. . . womanly.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Kaskava
02.17.2012 , 01:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Stranger_D View Post
Beside, they need to establish her character as a dependable padawan(yet hothead and quirky sometime) on first season before other writer flanderize her as a damsel in distress.
I'm sorry, a what? Yes, there are times where she needs help, but she's, what, 17 in the current season? I wouldn't call her a 'damsel in distress'.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

LukeDanger
02.17.2012 , 01:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaskava View Post
I'm sorry, a what? Yes, there are times where she needs help, but she's, what, 17 in the current season? I wouldn't call her a 'damsel in distress'.
Absolutely no way she could be 17. She's 15 going on 16 at most, as when introduced she was ~14 years old. The Clone Wars lasted, in-universe, what, three and a half years tops?

And I think that her early character was supposed to be a bit snotty, IE, too young/inexperianced to know when she's getting into stuff she shouldn't, but by the third/fourth seasons she's matured out a lot and really is a likeable character. This development was slowly shown in the second season and blossomed in the third. Even the movie showed some of it with Rex knocking some sense into her when she raises the point about rank (though the full juice of it was only seen in the novel, sadly)

As for her considerable talents; it's briefly mentioned when Anakin comments on her "advanced talents", and being trained by both Anakin (directly) and Obi-wan (indirectly) probably helps, along with having to learn-on-the-go and actual combat experiance. Plus, she could of been a pretty promising trainee anyways.

In a sense, her development is pretty close to the main series. Started out rocky/iffy, but as time went on she found her niche just like the crew found their little niche/pace and got into their own.

Stranger_D
02.18.2012 , 02:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaskava View Post
Sorry. I don't mean that she is damsel in distress. What I mean is that if they don't make her a ****** in the beginning, the other writer MIGHT write her as a damsel in a distress.

Fortunately enough for us, that never happen.