Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Just Build the Death Star Already

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just Build the Death Star Already

MrSteak's Avatar


MrSteak
02.16.2012 , 10:22 PM | #1
I hate queuing for pvp and ending up loading into Aleraan, only to have to quit because my computer can't run it once the guns start firing. It's choppy, it's laggy, and the speeders don't load fast enough for me to actually hop on and get back into the game. I've gotten to the point where I don't even try anymore and just quit the moment I load and try to get another WZ going. This brings me to my second point:

Why is there not an option for me to opt out of queuing for Alderaan? I realize that it makes up 33% of the available maps, but I don't care, I don't want to waste my time loading it if it's just going to be unplayable. Just let me wait for a game of huttball or voidstar (which run just fine) instead. I don't think Alderaan should be removed by any means, I'm sure it would be fun if I could use more than 3 skills in a fight before lagging to my death, I just want the option for me personally to ignore it automatically rather than waste my time loading five consecutive games of it and having to abandon each one.

In hindsight it's kind of a wonder that the option to play the gametype(s) you want to play and ignore the one(s) you don't got completely overlooked.

AntoniusDelitan's Avatar


AntoniusDelitan
02.16.2012 , 10:26 PM | #2
Time to upgrade from your P4, buddy.
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

Terimac's Avatar


Terimac
02.16.2012 , 10:26 PM | #3
mabye you should save up some money and upgrade your computer , so you can play the game lagfree ?
Ruffy - 50 Juggernaut Vengance dps
Server - Bloodworthy

WickedImage's Avatar


WickedImage
02.16.2012 , 10:29 PM | #4
lol at two bad answers in a row from the swtor troll clubbers.

I agree with op. We should be able to que for specific zones if we want to. I was amazed you couldnt do it in beta, let alone post launch.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

Fallensbane's Avatar


Fallensbane
02.16.2012 , 10:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
Why is there not an option for me to opt out of queuing for Alderaan?
Because the system was designed badly. What do you expect them to come out and say? Whatever they say can be translated into "We screwed up"

Cross server Q's are imminent, with that it will bring more splits to the brackets based on valor as well as the option to choose a warzone. Devs a have already stated that choosing warzones will not be in UNTIL they implement cross server.

Ignore the trolls, tons of people have high end machines and ILUM, Fleets and Warzones still run like crap in those areas.
Discord - Assassin - Canderous Ordo - Machination (Pit Crew)

"...I remember working every victim with acute precision... I remember every time I hold you, My warm companion... I remember, I dismember!"

Anozir's Avatar


Anozir
02.16.2012 , 10:35 PM | #6
Get a new comp.

Abstraction to the absurd: I can't run this on my 286. Make the game use less resources.

SweetNausea's Avatar


SweetNausea
02.16.2012 , 10:35 PM | #7
Alderaan runs like crap for me too, and I have no idea why since I do fine everywhere else.

MrSteak's Avatar


MrSteak
02.16.2012 , 10:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallensbane View Post
Because the system was designed badly. What do you expect them to come out and say? Whatever they say can be translated into "We screwed up"

Cross server Q's are imminent, with that it will bring more splits to the brackets based on valor as well as the option to choose a warzone. Devs a have already stated that choosing warzones will not be in UNTIL they implement cross server.

Ignore the trolls, tons of people have high end machines and ILUM, Fleets and Warzones still run like crap in those areas.
That's terrible news, but at least it's something. Unfortunately I guess I'll have to grit my teeth and keep abandoning Alderaan.

kweassa's Avatar


kweassa
02.16.2012 , 10:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
That's terrible news, but at least it's something. Unfortunately I guess I'll have to grit my teeth and keep abandoning Alderaan.
Or you can grit your teeth, save up a little, and get a new PC, instead of blaming the developers for a problem which is obviously your fault, not theirs.

Glor_'s Avatar


Glor_
02.16.2012 , 10:46 PM | #10
Loved the title.
A quand le prochain nerf agent secret?
http://imgur.com/a/kOYoO#0