Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More variety in end game gear, please!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
More variety in end game gear, please!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

halfhourofpower
02.16.2012 , 01:43 AM | #1
So many capes, too many! Every endgame piece of gear is the same model of gear recoloured! Sith warrior has fancy differences in tier but not us, why?! As a smuggler I get a cape and a cowboy hat. Always. What, no. I want cool civilian clothes that aren't over the top. Give us variety! Good heavens, I'm so sick of capes and fedora's. RAARRRRGHH. The next tier of gear had better not have anything even remotely similar to a cape and cowboy hat or I swear to god.
KFC, now with more Jesus!

GeorgZoeller
02.16.2012 , 06:29 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes. Of course there'll be new outfits as well - so these changes together should lead to a very significant amount of variation in endgame, for all classes.

Mapex
02.17.2012 , 11:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes. Of course there'll be new outfits as well - so these changes together should lead to a very significant amount of variation in endgame, for all classes.
Just to clarify: are you simply restating that mods in end game set gear can be taken out and put into orange gear?

If so, what about the gear's set bonuses? Are there plans to put the set bonuses on the mods instead of the armor pieces themselves so we can port the bonuses over to orange gear?

If not, I'm not sure how viable orange gear will be for end game even with removable mods from end game gear.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

XAlatarX
02.17.2012 , 11:15 PM | #4
It would be nice if they added a 2nd profile page so you can epuip gear that you want to wear and then gear that you want stats from.
Pro~

RogueDemonhunter
02.18.2012 , 01:15 AM | #5
They have stated that the set bonuses will be baked into the removable armor mods. They will be made specific for each body/costume part. Thus set bonuses will move. so relief is near... nigh...?

I still think they need to allow suitable crafters to add augment slots to armor/clothing/gear bits ON PURPOSE though. that would be a plus...

I also think/suggest social gear should not have a specific "type" light/med/heavy baked into it... till it is bought and bound... and then it should bind to the armor type the class that bought it and is capable of wearing uses. All being light is silly. Yet social gear should remain an option for light users and not have them blocked by setting med and heavy in advance. Why does the fancy outfit even have a 'female' only definition? All of it is gear bought with points of ground scocial points... A person's/player's time spent grinding scocial/space missions is just as viable as anyone elses grinding pvp and ops. It's all just Time spent by a paying customer doingwhat they are most comfortable with or to get that killer outfit they want.

Cheers all!

SmoothC
02.18.2012 , 07:20 AM | #6
While this is indeed a welcome addition to the game, I dont think this is what most ppl mean when they as if there will be new gear. Personally, and im sure there's quite a few out there that share my view, i would love to see more varied set bonus gear, as well as unique non-modded gear, as well as larger stat bonus's on any new gear that may come out via operations. I know if 1.2 comes out and the only thing dropping in the new operation is just more rakata, it will be a gigantic disappointment and a new preorder for Tera...
Brochor, Raid leader for Infinity Born, Space Slug Imperial

Laurreth
02.18.2012 , 07:30 AM | #7
From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes.
I just shed a single tear of joy.

Quote: Originally Posted by SmoothC View Post
i would love to see more varied set bonus gear, as well as unique non-modded gear, as well as larger stat bonus's on any new gear that may come out via operations.
I'm opposed to high-stat grind-only gear, since that will counter the stated plans to make PvP more skill-based instead of grind-based. If endgame PvP is supposed to remain open to the majority of players including newcomers, there must necessarily be a plateau at some point.

Grind-gear could still give a very (very, very) slight edge, but that'd have to be almost insignificant and hard to balance. More likely, it'd just lead to "omgnoes dat stuff be imba!" whinefests. Maybe consumable items, timed mods, etc.

SmoothC
02.18.2012 , 11:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
I just shed a single tear of joy.

I'm opposed to high-stat grind-only gear, since that will counter the stated plans to make PvP more skill-based instead of grind-based. If endgame PvP is supposed to remain open to the majority of players including newcomers, there must necessarily be a plateau at some point.

Grind-gear could still give a very (very, very) slight edge, but that'd have to be almost insignificant and hard to balance. More likely, it'd just lead to "omgnoes dat stuff be imba!" whinefests. Maybe consumable items, timed mods, etc.
The game is supposed to be more about PVE than PVP though. Getting tired of PVP changes constantly screwing up the PVE scene, and frankly expertise should offset PVE gear by alot since it gives such large bonus's for PVP combat.
Brochor, Raid leader for Infinity Born, Space Slug Imperial

xaviyago
02.19.2012 , 12:10 AM | #9
I'm seriously considering an update to my gunslinger's RP background. Now that he wears a cape and Julia-Roberts-Pretty-Woman-****** thigh-high boots, I'm thinking about roleplaying him as "Captain Classless" or "Prince Pimp" or "Super Sleazebag" or something more fitting the ridiculous outfit he's forced to wear now that's he's level 50.

I really have no faith in what the yellow type says above. Customization in this game - from character selection choices to outfits - is really, really lacking in comparison to the man hours put into developing this game.
The wise masters claim that sound does not travel through space, so I continue to blow up Imperial Fury interceptors just to prove them wrong.
-- overheard in cantina on Ord Martell

skaidar
02.19.2012 , 04:16 AM | #10
While I love some orange gear, I don't think I will look serious enough with the same chest armor I have from 20lvl..... I need something more epic for 50lvl, that will cry loud hey I am 50lvl! And I dont want to wear coats, I am a smuggler, a star wars character, NOT A DAMN COWBOY