Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sandzibar
02.16.2012 , 02:20 PM | #1
So i see from the notes another week goes by without you tweaking the timings on Mortar Volley (Trooper) so that its the same as Death From Above (Bounty Hunter).

Cant be that hard to fix can it? And its been bug reported many many wonderful times... </lassard>

its not as if we're asking for something in the same realm of difficulty as making ilum a viable and fun endgame for PVPers.. OHSNAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkL2rjeYKbw

GeorgZoeller
02.16.2012 , 02:28 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.

IlexGlabra
02.16.2012 , 02:40 PM | #3
Yes, please. This issue has been reported for months now.

Meurik
02.16.2012 , 02:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by IlexGlabra View Post
Yes, please. This issue has been reported for months now.
Yes, please. "All of" 2 months now. Patience, young padawan!

If it's such a big problem for you, you might consider rolling an alternate character as Bounty Hunter for the time being.
Fear is the path to the Dark Side ...
Fear leads to Anger,
Anger leads to Hate,
Hate leads to Suffering.

Mazdryk
02.16.2012 , 02:58 PM | #5
Same thing for full auto. It has a huge delay before damage starts. ALso Full auto is at a huge disadvantage compared to its BH equivalent because it only hits 3 times compared to the BH hitting 7 times which gives it a higher chance to proc the talent Cell charger. Same thing goes for Death from above and mortar volley. I know death from above procs cell charger but I dont think full auto does.

Cavadus
02.16.2012 , 03:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Meurik View Post
Yes, please. "All of" 2 months now. Patience, young padawan!
MV's current iteration came into existence during a beta build from last September. It's been broken since then.
Centurion
3rd Century, 1st Cohort

47th Legion

Darkssvegita
02.16.2012 , 03:04 PM | #7
I'm still waiting on the promised Jedi guardian dps tree defense buff. I hope the changes to enure and force push where ALL the dev's thought we needed.

Dannicus
02.16.2012 , 03:21 PM | #8
I think they want to get 1.2 done by March? So, hopefully... HOPEFULLY we get some updates so critically needed across the classes, especially for Mortar Volley.

Mapex
02.16.2012 , 03:32 PM | #9
They've already mentioned that the lack of mirroring when it comes to the animations and timing of mirrored abilities will be solved in a future patch in one go (most likely 1.2 which will have more balance changes).

They want to account for all the changes and lay them out in one big patch. Believe me when I say that the Mortar Volley timing issue isn't nearly as bad as the issues some other classes have (i.e. Smuggler Dirty Kick roots the Smuggler but IA equivalent can be used on the move, Consular Project doesn't do its damage until the projectile hits the target, meaning the target can survive with a heal or cooldown used in a split second, whereas Inquisitor's Shock projectile is instant so the damage is as well).

Instead of solving each little difference in one patch, they are going to take a step back and involve the designers to say "which is better for gameplay and balance, the delayed or the instant version?" for each and every ability before pulling the trigger on the changes.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

schwiz
02.16.2012 , 04:26 PM | #10
they are fixing imperial only bugs in the operative but not the trooper bug go figure.