Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pyro damage in pvp

Yazule
02.16.2012 , 11:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lijahrobinson View Post
I guess you really have to understand your role in warzones to really shine. Your role is to break the enemy. You dont care about 1 vs 1 fights, you don't really care about running the ball (unless you have a clear path), thats what the speedsters and tank builds are for and you lack the CC breaks to carry it though the enemy. Not saying that you cant in some situations but its not the primary goal. You care about protecting the runners, making the healers focus on healing themselves instead of the party and clearing the way. I have never approached a 500k damage or a 60+ kill game as an arsenal but as a pyrotech very doable.

Your burst is better as a pyro than it is as an arsenal. We have a three second span tha we can do like 5-12k damage (high end is assuming crits) with Incend > Thermal > powershot x2 > Rail shot. Follow up with unload and a possible railshot again and you can take down almost anything but good healing spec players and heavy tanks.

People think that you are incend missile everyone that moves and thats just not true. If you are, your overheated by missile 3 and rapid shooting for about 8 seconds.
see there is where i am confused, tm(2500)HS(3500)unload(5000)rail(2000) is 13k damage in 3 seconds, and my numbers are a bit conservative... how do you figure pryo burst is better?

i been trying to understand this bursting flamer thing for a while now... fyi yes 1.5 seconds til the tm goes off but from first point of damage 3 seconds and fyi over 8k of it hits within .5 seconds putting them on their heels and trying to figure out how to get away.
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

lijahrobinson
02.16.2012 , 12:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Yazule View Post
see there is where i am confused, tm(2500)HS(3500)unload(5000)rail(2000) is 13k damage in 3 seconds, and my numbers are a bit conservative... how do you figure pryo burst is better?

i been trying to understand this bursting flamer thing for a while now... fyi yes 1.5 seconds til the tm goes off but from first point of damage 3 seconds and fyi over 8k of it hits within .5 seconds putting them on their heels and trying to figure out how to get away.
I don't think i am understanding the above. The unload portion takes 3 seconds and there is a little down time between the instant casts and the abilities (like .25 to .5 sec to raise your arm and fire).

Here is how pyro Damage breaks down. I took this from another one of my posts:

if you use the rotation of Incend missile > thermal . Powershot > Powershot > Railshot you will get excellent burst: look below at the approx Second for this rotation (not taking into account relic bonuses or adrenals (and based on my gear setup (all champion with some battlemaster 4 or 5 pieces) all eliminator with these being mostly averages with high end being crits and no crits on the incend missile ticks.

EDIT: To better show spacing:

seconds..........0.............1.................2 ...........3.............4............5........... ............6
incend............800............................4 00........................400..................... ...........400
thermal..............................(thrown)..... .......................................2-3.5k
Powershot......................................... .....................1-2k
powershot .................................................. ............................................1-2k
railshot .................................................. .................................................. .....1.5-3.2k

You get the damage i speak of in the 3.5-6 second range. The fist couple ticks of Incend missile isn't important simply because the damage in inconsequential when they are at 100%. It gets increasingly more valuable as they approach 30%. If they are in the open, then unload on to pretty much finish them off.

They also have 5sec to line of sight you (during tracer and unload due to the inability of you to move in that time) while pyro's are only stationary 3 sec (for the 2 unloads). In theory, if you can land all of these then you are close/on par but in practice once most players get hit by the tracer, they LoS asap and its alot harder to land that rotation consistently; especially if your starting from range. I could then go into interrupts and how you all arsenals are more likely to get hit by them to disrupt your rotation (and messing up your unload really destroys your burst).

So to summarize, in theory, with the numbers you presented, you can, but in practice and my experience, i don't think you have to consistency to land the entire rotation on an enemy the same way the pyrotech does. I think being able to land that incend and thermal det while running up close to the target is the big difference maker.

You make a good point though.

Yazule
02.16.2012 , 01:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by lijahrobinson View Post
I don't think i am understanding the above. The unload portion takes 3 seconds and there is a little down time between the instant casts and the abilities (like .25 to .5 sec to raise your arm and fire).

Here is how pyro Damage breaks down. I took this from another one of my posts:

if you use the rotation of Incend missile > thermal . Powershot > Powershot > Railshot you will get excellent burst: look below at the approx Second for this rotation (not taking into account relic bonuses or adrenals (and based on my gear setup (all champion with some battlemaster 4 or 5 pieces) all eliminator with these being mostly averages with high end being crits and no crits on the incend missile ticks.

EDIT: To better show spacing:

seconds..........0.............1.................2 ...........3.............4............5........... ............6
incend............800............................4 00........................400..................... ...........400
thermal..............................(thrown)..... .......................................2-3.5k
Powershot......................................... .....................1-2k
powershot .................................................. ............................................1-2k
railshot .................................................. .................................................. .....1.5-3.2k

You get the damage i speak of in the 3.5-6 second range. The fist couple ticks of Incend missile isn't important simply because the damage in inconsequential when they are at 100%. It gets increasingly more valuable as they approach 30%. If they are in the open, then unload on to pretty much finish them off.

They also have 5sec to line of sight you (during tracer and unload due to the inability of you to move in that time) while pyro's are only stationary 3 sec (for the 2 unloads). In theory, if you can land all of these then you are close/on par but in practice once most players get hit by the tracer, they LoS asap and its alot harder to land that rotation consistently; especially if your starting from range. I could then go into interrupts and how you all arsenals are more likely to get hit by them to disrupt your rotation (and messing up your unload really destroys your burst).

So to summarize, in theory, with the numbers you presented, you can, but in practice and my experience, i don't think you have to consistency to land the entire rotation on an enemy the same way the pyrotech does. I think being able to land that incend and thermal det while running up close to the target is the big difference maker.

You make a good point though.
so i dont have time for the graph but if you cast TM, a soon as it goes off you cast HS, as soon as it goes off you hit unload (no GCD on unload so those three go off almost instantly) the TM/HS/unload FIRST HIT all hit at the same time, that is time = zero... 3 second cast on unload followed by an instant cast rail shot ... 3.1 seconds all the damage is done.... as for consistancy, interrupt/knockback will stop it but otherwise i can crank that combo out at will

*edit yes of course i can be los'ed but honestly, reaction times put into play, almost nobody los's within 3 seconds of the first hit, most people dont even realise they are my target until the second tick of unload. I also know better than to attack someone set up to LOS me with that rotation, when i decide to run with that combo it hits fully 80-90% of the time, but i actually pay attention to the surroundings unlike some. */edit
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.