Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You are aware of how terrible expertise is?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
You are aware of how terrible expertise is?

rzrknight
02.15.2012 , 12:21 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Lmao. How clueless can one person be. Not even going to bother responding.
Truly , people these people dont understand one thing about top end game.

BM gear is not meant to compete with you gear less players , it is meant to compete with the top PvE gear , those people get at operations.

Now people come full green , and get surprised they are trashed by a BM , let me break you the news , if 1 geared PvE player come close to you , he will trash you just the same, it is your gear that is bad.
The Lord said: "QQ enough and thou shall receive it."
The followers said: "I shall QQ my lord, i shall QQ."
And since then , not a single day passed without the QQs being heard.

Taerrik
02.15.2012 , 01:26 AM | #62
People just need to not complain about pvp gear at all, the common

"I get destroyed because I cant spend weeks farming BM gear and gear shouldnt matter"

While I agree with you that in pvp gear should be meaningless, progression should be ladder based only... the pvp gear in this game is a joke to get.

PvP gear progression is so fast in this game in fact. I JUST hit 50 Monday morning, I had the day off which is rare, I managed to complete the weeklies, and had my 1 bag plus 5 from the 1000/1000 tokens. I ended monday with buying the BM implant and earpiece, getting cent belt/wrist/chest and 2 relics. I bought another bag from pvping that day and got lucky with a blaster token and had enough tokens to buy the cent legs.

The next day (tuesday) completed the weeklies before work, and ended up in full cent/champ gear. 5/14 pieces are champion (weapon, offhand, ear, 2x implant)

In two days I managed to get 500 expertise, I can go toe to toe with most BMs and win. I am already valor 54 and will probably ding battlemaster this weekend. In summuary quit whining about pvp/pve gear in this game, its really fast and easy to gear up.

TLDR: Most games I would agree that gear should be meaningless in pvp, but in SWTOR the gear progression is so fast and painless that if your complaining your either a fresh 50 who hasnt done the pvp quests at all yet, or just clueless.
Pot5
High Council
Tae'vin~ Gunslinger

Selixx
02.15.2012 , 01:39 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by dorkvid View Post
What are you talking about with DR? The DR on every other stat in the game is MUCH harsher than the DR on expertise, it's practically non-existant.
I didn't say the DR was harsher, don't put words in my mouth. I said expertise starts hitting deminishing returns as soon as you start getting it. The fact that expertise has DR at all de-values its usefulness as a stat anyway. Since it's a pvp stat, it should scale linearly, that would entice players to go full pvp gear. Since it's on DR, players can stack a reasonable amount, and then pursue other stats that will be more beneficial; just like with the surge nerf.

threas
02.15.2012 , 08:08 AM | #64
Look, without logs and parses it is impossible to know how much of an impact expertise really has. What we know is that because expertise is on the armoring the item budget for expertise takes away a large chunk of your main stat and endurance, so you basically trade away survivability and damage for survivability and damage, so even if expertise is better it is not THAT much better than pve gear. It really depends on class, take a marauder for example, they heal 2% of their total hps each time one of their dots crits, can you really guarantee that having 12% dmg resistance is better than a much higher hp pool and crit rate? well, i don't know. I know it would be damn close though. On the other hand for a healer class having "stronger" hps because of high expertise is better than having a larger hp pool, because it makes his heals doubly better. The game is still in it's infancy but i have seen people dominate in pvp gear and i've seen people dominate in pve gear. The main stat/endurance penalty you take for wearing expertise gear makes the gap between the two almost negligible.

Xinika
02.15.2012 , 05:15 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by rzrknight View Post
Truly , people these people dont understand one thing about top end game.

BM gear is not meant to compete with you gear less players , it is meant to compete with the top PvE gear , those people get at operations.

Now people come full green , and get surprised they are trashed by a BM , let me break you the news , if 1 geared PvE player come close to you , he will trash you just the same, it is your gear that is bad.
Pretty much.

Jabbb
02.15.2012 , 05:19 PM | #66
Agreed, its dumb. The problem is with the soft cap on expertise, and the (confusingly idiotic) fact that pve gear has more endurance (what?)

Take away the Diminishing returns on expertise (or reduce them) and switch the endurance and all will be right. Right now i'm joining hardmode raids to get rakatta gear to pvp in.

Wut.

Nocorras
02.15.2012 , 05:22 PM | #67
Make it so every thing is even on PvP gear/PvE gear except put accuracy on PvE gear and make it needed. Put expertise on PvP gear and no accuracy and make accuracy not needed (ignore base defense but not stacked defense).

Oh wow I just made PvP gear the best gear for pvp unless it DRs way too hard, but it wouldn't matter since it's the exact same stats and accuracy does nothing.

SuperomegaOP
02.15.2012 , 05:26 PM | #68
as Andante say, half pvp and half pve, thats what all the pro people did back in wrath for arenas, and it also applies here

Xinika
02.15.2012 , 05:52 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
as Andante say, half pvp and half pve, thats what all the pro people did back in wrath for arenas, and it also applies here
Indeed, this reminds me of when I had to get things like Death Bringers Will for my warrior and mix/match pve equipment for stupendous ArP. Though, this is 'smart' or 'pro', think about the average joe. Why should they have to go through a whole other playing field they are not interested in?
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN