Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I thought swtor was comming out on a console

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I thought swtor was comming out on a console

Liberate
02.15.2012 , 05:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
I remember thinking years ago that I would buy a PS3 for swtor and offcourse the agency. What happened , well after not hearing anything for ages I decided to buy a new pc for swtor on here , well not just for swtor but for PSO2 aswell.

After reading that GW2 is on its way to a console or 2 , I decided to start this thread , it's a shame developers dont see that mmorpg's would do well on consoles , PSO on the dreamcast , game cube and xbox. PSU was on PS2 , 360 and PC. Then True Fantasy Live got cancelled , Huxley and the agency. It's true Huxley has reappeared in Asia a few years ago on pc though. Also PSO2 isnt comming to a console just pc.

I think the people in the industry haven't learnt from the past and don't trust the console market for mmo's , I find this very depressing. Dont make this a PC vs Console war please people , thanks.

Badorb.
GW2 isn't coming to console.
Liberate

IIII-IIII-IIII
02.15.2012 , 05:26 PM | #12
This was/is a problem with PSU the PS2 and PC ones thrived with the use of keyboard as the only means of communication , but the 360 version should have given away a usb keyboard with the game as the mic really didint help the community for about 3 years shame , PS2 nad PC version got shut early was more fun on there.

Badorb.
One reason not including the bad voice-communication at launch DCUO had was the mics everyone was using: Bluetooth.

Bluetooth's are notorious for picking up a pin dropping in the background and making it sound like a nuclear explosion just occurred.

So many mouthbreathers, people stuffing their face with chips, parents yelling at them and morons rapping into the microphone was reason enough to not even plug in a headphone/mic.
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

flyersfan
02.15.2012 , 05:27 PM | #13
I would pay for two more CEs to be able to play on my PS3. Playing on my PC is a nightmare.

HanzoV
02.15.2012 , 05:27 PM | #14
The PS3 version of DCUO still used lock-on targeting, at least in PVE.
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.

Tuscad
02.15.2012 , 05:27 PM | #15
I remember thinking years ago that I would buy a PS3 for swtor and offcourse the agency. What happened , well after not hearing anything for ages I decided to buy a new pc for swtor on here , well not just for swtor but for PSO2 aswell.

After reading that GW2 is on its way to a console or 2 , I decided to start this thread , it's a shame developers dont see that mmorpg's would do well on consoles , PSO on the dreamcast , game cube and xbox. PSU was on PS2 , 360 and PC. Then True Fantasy Live got cancelled , Huxley and the agency. It's true Huxley has reappeared in Asia a few years ago on pc though. Also PSO2 isnt comming to a console just pc.

I think the people in the industry haven't learnt from the past and don't trust the console market for mmo's , I find this very depressing. Dont make this a PC vs Console war please people , thanks.

Badorb.
I remember buying an Xbox back in 2007 because I knew that Kotor 3 was coming out soon and it would be for the 360, I knew wrong, lol.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Tuscad
02.15.2012 , 05:28 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberate View Post
GW2 isn't coming to console.
It is rumored to be in the works for consoles as of today, google it.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

IIII-IIII-IIII
02.15.2012 , 05:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
In what game is aiming hard? This mechanic has been sorted out by game developers going on two decades now.

Reticle goes over target. That's it. Not rocket surgery.
Who said it had to be hard? I said even calling it "aiming" system was a stretch as it didn't distinguish itself as anything noteworthy or worth listing as a "unique" feature.

It was anything but. That was the point, not the difficulty (or lack thereof).
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

Chub
02.15.2012 , 05:29 PM | #18
I have never really liked the idea of playing an MMO on a console, I suppose at the end of the day it allows people to play an MMO, who possibly do not have good enough PCs and it opens up a wider audience to the devs. Otherwise like what others have said someone playing on a console would have no chance against someone using a good old keyboard and mouse.

hamsterboom
02.15.2012 , 05:36 PM | #19
every.. i mean every console based mmo is a fail.

i mean how the **** do you expect to have all your ability's on hand with just a controller.

oh and the memory on consoles creates the issue for that aswell, due to limited memory you can;t really have a load of free-flowing ability options.
Millacano - Sith Sorcerer
Picked a USA server as EU populations are bassicly dead.

BadOrb
02.15.2012 , 05:37 PM | #20
My PC is used by me as a massive swtor console connected to my tv , allways will be on a tv too , with a controller , just the way I am I guess. Mouse and keyboard only never has appealed to me , console mmo's before this , oh I nearly changed for SWG but that never came about in the end.

Badorb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12