Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about SWTOR

DragonAgeOrgins
02.15.2012 , 03:22 PM | #11
But that's much different. The Jedi are taught the code at an early age. From the movie, since they are kids about the codes. The person who was about to strike him down was a Jedi Master. I assumed he would have known better. The Jedi pride themselves on their code, the same way the Sith act on their code. A Sith doing a light sided thing is as equal to a Jedi doing a dark side thing.

Try to imagine The Emperor sparing Luke Skywalker if he didn't want to turn the dark side. It is unheard of. Had he killed the Sith Lord. What would have followed that? his emotion's got the better of him and he would have stumbled from path of the light.

Maaruin
02.15.2012 , 03:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
But that's much different. The Jedi are taught the code at an early age. From the movie, since they are kids about the codes. The person who was about to strike him down was a Jedi Master. I assumed he would have known better. The Jedi pride themselves on their code, the same way the Sith act on their code. A Sith doing a light sided thing is as equal to a Jedi doing a dark side thing.
And both happens from time to time. Sometimes Vader spared Admirals who have failed, sometimes Jedi killed prisoners. Jedi are in fact not like droids, if they want to, they can act against their teachings.
And I think both, Jedi Code and Sith Code, have to be interpreted. At least what we know as Code. There is no line in the Code like "You shall not kill prisoners!", but the Jedi order developed it from the Code somehow.

Quote:
Try to imagine The Emperor sparing Luke Skywalker if he didn't want to turn the dark side. It is unheard of. Had he killed the Sith Lord. What would have followed that? his emotion's got the better of him and he would have stumbled from path of the light.
Yes, he would have stumbled from the path of light. He knew this and still would do it to stop Palpatine. With the help of other masters he wouldn't fall to the dark side completely, he could return to the path of the light. (Thats what I think about it, it is not explained in the movies that way.)

Sometimes humans (and aliens) just act against their morals for a noble goal.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

xXIzazelXx
02.15.2012 , 04:56 PM | #13
I'm loving how I said this entire topic was answered on Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Series in season 3. And yet the train keeps going on and on and on in the wrong
direction lol And for those that choose to follow the books instead of what GL actually
gives you on screen... read the novel for Episode 3. Mace Windu was teetering on
the dark side even as a Jedi Councilor. His hatred of the Sith and deep passion for
the Jedi Order... I mean, it's Samuel L Jackson ******! Need I say more about
Mace Windu? LMAO

Anyhoo...

The Prophesy and the Chosen One have been explained already. Go check it out.
Its a really wonderful 3 part arc.

~ Izzy