Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is the pvp skill?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Where is the pvp skill?

Kunda
02.15.2012 , 03:09 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by revned View Post
Your class took finesse to use and if you screwed up on something it could literally mean your dead even if the screwup happened early in the fight...not hear, just stun them again, you'll win eventually.
Are you playing some new class in the game that doesn't have CC of their own?

Slashtwo
02.15.2012 , 03:11 PM | #42
Just an afterthought, I have played to battlemaster twice, there's an incredible amount of skill on SWtoR pvp. Unlike wow PvP SWToR emphasizes geography as well as understanding class abilities and having gear.

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 03:11 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by JBloom View Post
If I try to make a list of all the important differences between Aion and this game I might be here all day. The 50 keybinds were not just attack skills but also various buffs and consummables that had to be used at the right time and readily available because there was a class that could strip buffs. Almost every skill had a use though, they weren't redundant.
i see what your saying, ill try to restate what i meant a little clearer because wow had similar ****

in this game each useful spell is vastly significant against just about every class

while u may have 50 keybindings how many would u say you use on every target you face?
in wow the number would be 50 key bindings to mabey 10 that you use all the time.

this game i have 30 keybindings and probably around 25 that i use against every class that i face.
while i have less bindings i use the "situational" ones much more often i would in wow because the situational spells in this arnt as specific.

JBloom
02.15.2012 , 03:13 PM | #44
What class are you playing Cuberrt?

Nvm Infiltration Shadow, I see. In Aion...I was using 10-20 for each encounter 1v1. If it were a 1v2 or 1v3 I was using more. You're playing melee so not being able to weave severely diminishes how good you could be. You're basically restricted to skill spam. As a ranged class, weaving wouldn't really matter since there aren't any def buffs that require auto attack removal and there are no godstones to proc.
Israel - Prophecy of the Five

Varcan
02.15.2012 , 03:17 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Slashtwo View Post
Just an afterthought, I have played to battlemaster twice, there's an incredible amount of skill on SWtoR pvp. Unlike wow PvP SWToR emphasizes geography as well as understanding class abilities and having gear.
^^This

It's one of the most skilled game out, and most balanced game ever released. This is why the forums have so many cries...

The more skill involve, the more people who think they have skill but actually don't cry.

Okay...continue crying...

The only legitimate complaint is that Ilum a failure to this point. Not surprising. World-pvp is a romantic idea in forum goers hearts w/ greatly exaggerated tells of how great it used to be in 1997...

phluke
02.15.2012 , 03:19 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Dahoff View Post
The skill is in that +expertise stat yo!
idk why people cry about expertise. It took me 2 days of playing to get full Centurion armor and a champ saber which gives you like 505 expertise. The skill comes when i crush BM geared baddies 1v1 and lose maybe 1k hp.

@OP You whine about getting stunlocked...well you have to be fighting at least 2 people to get stunlocked and you have to not know how resolve works. I've 2v1'd a few people but its something that should be rare and hard to do, you have to time your stun breaker and in my case resilience(force shroud for sith, anti force/tech abilities basically) perfectly to do it.

You're not a super special (insert class here) even if your story quests say you are, you're just another peon, and when you pick up the huttball and you get smashed by 8 players...thats what should happen if you dont have help.
Fear not for the future...
weep not for the past...

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 03:21 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by JBloom View Post
What class are you playing Cuberrt?

Nvm Infiltration Shadow, I see. In Aion...I was using 10-20 for each encounter 1v1. If it were a 1v2 or 1v3 I was using more. You're playing melee so not being able to weave severely diminishes how good you could be. You're basically restricted to skill spam. As a ranged class, weaving wouldn't really matter since there aren't any def buffs that require auto attack removal and there are no godstones to proc.
as an infil simply "skill spamming" would be terrible why would i throw my project force breach on someone with a defensive CD up or even waste force on them? i wont i will use saber strike until its down and then when it is down i have a full stacked force breach and a full stacked project waiting for them.

there are plently of situations where i dont use my optimal DPS rotation as there are for any class in any pvp games.

phluke
02.15.2012 , 03:23 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Varcan View Post
World-pvp is a romantic idea in forum goers hearts w/ greatly exaggerated tails of how great it used to be in 1997...
This may be the best quote i have ever seen on an MMO forum
Fear not for the future...
weep not for the past...

Trineda
02.15.2012 , 03:25 PM | #49
Greetings folks!

Several posts in this thread have been moderated. As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!