Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WORLD PVP: The BEST advice I can give Bioware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
WORLD PVP: The BEST advice I can give Bioware

Mirialol
02.15.2012 , 12:24 PM | #1
There is no way to 'implement' open world pvp.

It is up to individual players on the each server to decide whether to participate or not. Theres very little bioware can do besides adding more incentives to do world pvp

What bioware should really do about world pvp is:

1. To reduce ilum population. How? Change the PvP daily so that it reads: Kill 5 enemy player (lvl 50) on ANY planet. Right now, TOO MANY level 50's hang out in ilum, for world PvP on any other planets to happen!

2. Add cross faction pve daily quest area on EVERY planet (every planet should have a level 50 area).

3. Opening up enemy worlds (adding shared faction daily areas here too)

4. Provide small amount of valor gains (like +20) for killing players in those daily quest areas, etc. Anything huge like ilum would encourage zerg / farming / trading.

5. Upon entering lvl 50 daily quest area in particular planet, automatically add optional bonus daily quest to your questlog: "Kill one player on this planet". Completing this would give small amount of credit, some legacy experience, and merc commendations (10?). Repeatable once per day, per planet.

6. I disagree with every kill granting merc comm because it may encourage zerg / farming / trading. If you want world pvp to give you merc commendation, refer to point #5.

All these would encourage players to participate in world pvp while doing their normal dailies to make credits, while killing any enemies they see. This would pretty much allow world pvp to happen in every planet, like all players wish for, and "improve world pvp"

This would also FIX faction imbalance problem that plagues world PvP. One planet has big imperial group going around killing everyone? Just move to another planet duh.

Any direct attempt bioware makes to 'add world pvp' (like ilum) to game will result in nothing but laggy zergfest like ilum, or overpopulated faction camping another. Therefore bioware should make these above changes instead of devoting money and resources trying to fix ilum.

Quote:
yea except we dont want world pvp to be segragated to one planet (ilum)...

pvpers pay same amt of money as pve subscribers do man. its ridiculous to play on a pvp server and have only 1 planet u can pvp in.

the way we pvpers are discriminated / segregated against pve in lot of mmo nowadays makes me feel like being BLACK in 1960's

Baalazar
02.15.2012 , 12:26 PM | #2
All good points hope a mod actually relays this to some devs.

Listening to your playerbase would help this game immensely bioware.

xanix
02.15.2012 , 12:29 PM | #3
game gets boring ,grind ,grind , equipment and not skill ... another one that bites the dust...

TheWookiee
02.15.2012 , 12:29 PM | #4
They would have to make it so you only get credit from Level 50 players. I could just see the mess of camping just outside of a faction transit point on Tatooine and ganking level 20 players to complete the daily/weekly.

Mirialol
02.15.2012 , 12:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWookiee View Post
They would have to make it so you only get credit from Level 50 players. I could just see the mess of camping just outside of a faction transit point on Tatooine and ganking level 20 players to complete the daily/weekly.
yes obviously only level 50

Baalazar
02.15.2012 , 12:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWookiee View Post
They could make it that you don't get credit for killing players are grey to you.

^ Poster above didn't notice u already answered this.

Mirialol
02.15.2012 , 12:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xanix View Post
game gets boring ,grind ,grind , equipment and not skill ... another one that bites the dust...
For a great new idea on a warzone that would actually take skill, check out:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=303595

Mirialol
02.15.2012 , 12:39 PM | #8
hope this thread can reach like 50 pages so it catches devs' attention

justadude
02.15.2012 , 12:40 PM | #9
Will not work. Why? Gear based PvP forces people to constantly grind gear.

Ashes_Arizona
02.15.2012 , 12:40 PM | #10
I believe this fixes Ilum.

Its the best thought I've been able to put into it at least.

You're right you can't "implement" world PvP, but if you have the space for it, making it engage players in a fun and enjoyable fashion will make it occur, example being DAoC of course.

To make Ilum work, it has to engage the players and make it fun for them to be there. It also has to reward them consistently for their time there, which it does not do.