Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher does not put text input in password box

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher does not put text input in password box
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rekreant
12.15.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1
So every time I start the launcher it comes up and the cursor blinks on the password input. Now if I just begin typing my password it DOES NOT go to the password box, it goes to whatever the last input box I used was.

This is a horrible security flaw and can be exploited by hackers with ease. They wouldnt have to work that hard, personally I sent my password to my friend on facebook because I trusted the blinking cursor and wasnt paying 100% attention.

Rekreant
12.15.2011 , 09:54 AM | #2
I know it may not SEEM important but I assure you it will cause issues >.>

Conveeyor
12.15.2011 , 10:10 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
My we ask you with what rights your user account is set up on your PC? Is it a standard user or administrator? Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Rekreant
12.15.2011 , 10:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by J3-H1 View Post
My we ask you with what rights your user account is set up on your PC? Is it a standard user or administrator? Thank you.
I have the launcher set up to run as administrator.

Rekreant
12.15.2011 , 10:35 AM | #5
Running Windows 7 uac turned on.

Conveeyor
12.15.2011 , 10:45 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
This happens when you have an administrator notification to pop up when the Launcher starts - so you have to put in an administrator password first. In this case the Launcher is not on top of the windows and you have to click on it before typing in your password.

Does this answer your question?

Rekreant
12.15.2011 , 10:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by J3-H1 View Post
This happens when you have an administrator notification to pop up when the Launcher starts - so you have to put in an administrator password first. In this case the Launcher is not on top of the windows and you have to click on it before typing in your password.

Does this answer your question?
do I "need" to run the launcher as administator?

Conveeyor
12.15.2011 , 01:49 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Yes - the Launcher needs the administration rights - it would not be able to write in the program files folder of your system otherwise or work properly.