Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What video card runs the game the best?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What video card runs the game the best?

Dasffion
12.15.2011 , 09:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Colobulous View Post
I wouldn't go as far as some of the other people have recommended, you don't need to spend 300 dollars on a graphics card, or even over 200, but with a good PSU, you could be fine with any choice at a 6670 or above.
Yeah I can run on Medium to high with a 5770 and that's like $100 now. You'd need at least a 400w PSU for that though.

Marishtin
12.15.2011 , 09:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterTwentyt View Post
Hey for anyone that can help me out. I got a new cpu that i thought would run this game great. Well I was wrong. I have an i5 3.1, 8gb ddr3, and radeon 6450 hd 1gb video card. Im trying to play using an 23 inch led monitor and with lowest possible settings I have been getting single digit fps. Makes it impossible to play. I was wondering if it was just my video card i read some reviews and they were terrible. If it is what video card should i get for my computer. Im limited by a 300w power supply but i will upgrade that if i have too. Anyhelp anyone can give me will be awesome. Thanks
Your CPU & RAM are more than good enough for SWTOR even on maximum settings and I believe, as you suspect, that the problem lies with your Graphics Card, depending on your budget something like a GTX560 will play SWTOR relativley smoothly even on high resolutions that your 23 inch LED is capable of (around 1920x1080)however this will require a minimum of a 450w power suply unit and I recommend getting something like a 600 watt or 650 watt to future proof yourself a little-bit if you wanted to upgrade Graphics again in the future as all the newer cards are demanding more and more power.

Xiggie
12.15.2011 , 09:56 AM | #23
You also need to take into account that the power wattage listed is at brand new. It degrades over time.

PalpyPalpy
12.15.2011 , 09:59 AM | #24
Played the beta on both a gtx 260 and a gtx 550ti both with terrible performance, and this was with AA off. Currently i have a gtx 560 ti but i'm just going to assume that it can run this game flawlessly seeing as how i'm still waiting for my acces like so many others.

*EDIT*

i had to upgrade my power supply from 475w to 700w to have sufficient power to run the 560ti and my other system hardware safely.