Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SW:TOR made me go back to WoW

Riddickcz
02.15.2012 , 02:47 AM | #1
So I quit WoW about a year ago when I just couldnt stand how boring it has become. I was better off.

Then I heard about SW:TOR. Pre-ordered the game and studied everything I could about the game. When it got released I took three weeks off work just to give it a blast. Liked the game at first and was defending it on forums from the haters. However after few weeks my pink glasses fell off and I started to see all whats wrong with the game.

Everything from boring end game, abilities not firing off, engine issues, ability delays, all the bugs, BW fixing (not really fixing at the end) one thing while screwing 50 others.

So when I quit SWTOR about 3 weeks ago, I just had to get the feeling of proper MMO combat for a change. So I renewed after a year my WoW account and finally got the smooth nice combat feeling again.

Yea WoW got again boring week after anyway, but the point is...this game is so miserable it made me (1 year WoW abstinent) get back to WoW.

How bad can the game be to do that really.
The crazy is strong with this one.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/f744bd09b5be85fa.png

Shuno
02.15.2012 , 02:50 AM | #2
I find it somewhat ironic that all of the things you canceled TOR for have been fixed now.

SWG Euro Farstar
----------

archifikoss
02.15.2012 , 02:51 AM | #3
Why do some people feel compelled to announce to the world that they're quitting? Just quit already, nobody knows you people or cares for that matter and we won't hold it against you. Sheesh.

ROTTENCORE
02.15.2012 , 02:52 AM | #4
Ummm WoW made me quit WoW.

Riddickcz
02.15.2012 , 02:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shuno View Post
I find it somewhat ironic that all of the things you canceled TOR for have been fixed now.
Ah right. You mean BW promising that they are "being investigated" or "beeing looked into" or "being currently fixed"?

Yea, heard that many times.

Rambuster
02.15.2012 , 02:57 AM | #6
Whats really gonna boggle your mind later is the fact that the OP posted today about quiting 3 weeks ago. So clearly you didnt quit you just took a break

JimG
02.15.2012 , 02:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
Why do some people feel compelled to announce to the world that they're quitting? Just quit already, nobody knows you people or cares for that matter and we won't hold it against you. Sheesh.
Always wondered about that too...also wonder why people actually waste time out of their life to read and post in forums for a game AFTER they have canceled their sub and quit playing. I guess some people think the forums are an online support group or their own personal online therapy session.

Norsalith
02.15.2012 , 02:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Riddickcz View Post
So I quit WoW about a year ago when I just couldnt stand how boring it has become. I was better off.
You realize it is your own fault if something becomes 'boring', right?

Then I heard about SW:TOR. Pre-ordered the game and studied everything I could about the game. When it got released I took three weeks off work just to give it a blast. Liked the game at first and was defending it on forums from the haters. However after few weeks my pink glasses fell off and I started to see all whats wrong with the game.
Sounds quite spoiled to me. Taking three weeks off just to play a game?

Everything from boring end game, abilities not firing off, engine issues, ability delays, all the bugs, BW fixing (not really fixing at the end) one thing while screwing 50 others.
What, and you don't think World of Warcraft suffered from any of these problems at the start (and progressively through the past years)? World of Warcraft suffered such problems that the game was unplayable (literally it was offline...) for days at a time, and the patching process would take up to a week at times. Go smack yourself a few times for opening your mouth about how many bugs a newly released MMO has. I am frankly tired of hearing your kind claim that such a thing is unacceptable. You have no sense of reality.

So when I quit SWTOR about 3 weeks ago, I just had to get the feeling of proper MMO combat for a change. So I renewed after a year my WoW account and finally got the smooth nice combat feeling again.
And yet, here you are again on the SW:ToR forums.

Proper... MMO... combat? World of Warcraft doesn't have "Proper" combat. It has accepted combat which enables you to be lazy and auto attack something to death. Is it a bad system? Not really. But it is not the "Proper" system. Actually it is far from ideal and has it's own bugs and flaws (which you're lovely broken rose colored glasses are allowing you to ignore).

Yea WoW got again boring week after anyway, but the point is...this game is so miserable it made me (1 year WoW abstinent) get back to WoW.

How bad can the game be to do that really.
So basically... you're trolling.

Instead of complaining about how bad the game is when it first comes out... why don't you vehemently report bugs and all the details surrounding the situation so these horrible, awful bugs can be... oh... I don't know. Fixed?
3/1/2015 - Reinstalled SW:TOR

Riddickcz
02.15.2012 , 03:00 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Whats really gonna boggle your mind later is the fact that the OP posted today about quiting 3 weeks ago. So clearly you didnt quit you just took a break
Oh I quit allright I aint getting back to that pile of...

Shuno
02.15.2012 , 03:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
Can you imagine if everyone who bought the game made a "I'M PLAYING!" thread lol

SWG Euro Farstar
----------