Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advice on Getting Better PvE Gear

Thross
02.14.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1
Iíd like some advice and clear instructions about getting better gear to do operations and hardmode flashpoints if you are not into PvP.

Iím a relatively new level 50 Republic Sage devoted to healing, and I have finished my class quest. I currently have a mix of level 50 blue/purple gear and level 49/50 orange mod gear. Iíve completed almost all of the flashpoints at least once with guild members, but I have yet to do any operations or hardmodes. I think my gear is about as good as I can get from doing normal flashpoints and occasionally buying items off the GTN. Iím on a PvE server, and my server has an imbalance in favor of the Empire on Illum. I donít care much for doing PvP and warzones except for the occasional variety. Iíd rather spend my time on challenging PvE content.

Given my present situation and preference for PvE, how can I best get better gear to ultimately take on higher end PvE content? Given our Illum server imbalance, I would like to avoid Illum altogether or minimize my time there, and I hear that Illum dailies are a real chore and not fun at all with the server imbalance.

Thanks in advance!

JLapp
02.14.2012 , 01:28 PM | #2
Dailies:

Belsavis and Ilum quest line/quests gives you like 30 daily commendations or something. Enough to buy a purple hilt and a couple lvl51 purple armor mods.

Ilum Heroic gives a purple enhacement.
Beslavis heroic 2 gives a purple mod.
Belsavis Heroic 4 (one of the two) gives a purple lvl50 armor mod.

The highest space mission (Impossible sector for me, not sure if empire is different) gives 2 daily commendations as well.

Use the GTN to get purple level 49 crafted implants and ear piece. (Can probably get all 3 for <100k which you will have from doing the quests). Also look if you can upgrade your wrist, belt, off hand, and relics from the GTN.

Find a buddy that can make you some blue level 48 biochem stims.

Should be geared enough for hard modes in a day or two.

IThrowRocks
02.14.2012 , 05:09 PM | #3
Ok you might not like my advice but honestly to put it simply, if you donít like pvp, suck it up. If you do what I say you will be very well geared to hit hard modes and normal ops after one week.

1) Hit your armament dailys in ilum. Spend 20-30 minutes a day for a week and this will net you 10 champion bags.
2) Get 9 warzone wins. This will get you 3 dailys and 1 weekly quest. Nets you another 6 bags
3) From the warzone work you put in, you will probably get enough comms for another bag.

So, 17 champion bagsÖ

-119 champion comms
-255 centurion comms
-Probably 1 to 3 unassembled champion pieces

So after one week of minimal effort you will have a full centurion set with about 2-5 champion pieces mixed in. I really donít care if itís pvp gear, itís great for HMís and normal ops. From here work on getting columni from HM flashes.

Centurion doesnít match tionese but its so much easier to get. Champion does beat tionese. And if you have no desire for pvp get tionese and then put your champion mods/enhancements in them.

You can farm a bunch of dailys and get mods for your oranges but this is just too easy to pass up. You have to be a pretty weak player to hate pvp so much you wouldnít touch it even for a week.

FriarChuggs
02.14.2012 , 05:11 PM | #4
Step one: read the thread two above this, which was already sticked, and tells you EXACTLY what to do to get geared at 50.

Step two: let this thread die.

Thross
02.14.2012 , 09:31 PM | #5
Except for FriarChuggs, thank you very much for the replies and help.

HeavenlyBluE
02.15.2012 , 02:13 AM | #6
I wouldn't listen to the person advising you to PvP. Champion gear is significantly worse than tionese gear, and your time will be much better spent doing your PvE dailies for badges to save for rakata implants (from what I've seen on 2 different ACs the ear piece has not been as good as a 49 crafted crit from the GTN) and running hardmode flashpoints for colomi/other filler pve gear which will be better than champion gear.

The only PvP piece worth getting is the weapon, as putting together a decent weapon through PvE alone is a fairly involved process (weapon from FE + crystal from Kaon) and even then I'm not sure how it compares to the champion weapon.

BMBender
02.15.2012 , 02:15 AM | #7
Personally I don't pug with mostly pvp gear peeps. Guildies if I must but randoms with pvp gear? lol no
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530