Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why i'm considering to quit...message to Bioware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why i'm considering to quit...message to Bioware

Dranzen
02.15.2012 , 12:22 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
He is?

Guess I need more coffee as I just woke up... Lol
Yeah, reread it. It's just far too obvious but a nice little effort of Satire.

Rantank
02.15.2012 , 12:23 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
He is?

Guess I need more coffee as I just woke up... Lol
Going to take a whole lot more coffee for me... I see satire at the start but it kind of meanders off about halfway down into something else. Maybe I wasn't supposed to actually read the whole thing
War is when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when the people finally realize who the real enemy is. ― Anonymous

FritoBandido
02.15.2012 , 12:27 AM | #33
Why does it always seem like after I read all of these posts saying "well this game doesn't have the exact specifications of my ideal mmo so I basically don't like it and quit" It is a very solid game and BW is working to make new and improved content for end game and what ever else, hood display options...getting really tired of reading that one, that fact is if you don't like the game, then DON'T play it. The only real issue I feel as the game engine...but I am guessing they will improve it overtime...and how long has this game been out...hmm lets see a roughly around 2 months...

Dranzen
02.15.2012 , 12:28 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Rantank View Post
Going to take a whole lot more coffee for me... I see satire at the start but it kind of meanders off about halfway down into something else. Maybe I wasn't supposed to actually read the whole thing
I'm wondering if the OP's style of removing key words was also part of it. If so, then it may be a 4 out of 10.

Also the fact he never posted after the initial 2 posts should be key to MMO satire posts, at least from the WoW forums.

AFKGCWBOT
02.15.2012 , 12:28 AM | #35
If I ever rage quit it's because they haven't added image designers or an appearance tab. FFS Bioware. The only thing keeping me here is my guild, and I'm sure they will burn out as well if there is no image design or appearance tab in the next 6 months. If not, have fun being carbon copies of everyone else biodrones.

Miothan
02.15.2012 , 12:31 AM | #36
I will wait untill patch 1.2

If that patch, does not bring something that will make me log on most of the days in the week, then i am not gona pay for it anymore.

I'm tired of loging on only on tuesdays to clear EV and KP in 4 hours and then have nothing else to do for the res tof the week in the game due to lack of content (both single player content and group content ->4-16<-), and no, pvp is not something i enjoy and wouldent want to pvp for 7 days anyway.

Add content that makes me log in and play daily, or im quiting if patch 1.2 doesnt add that.
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time. ~H.L. Mencken

Ashu-ri
02.15.2012 , 12:34 AM | #37
Just one comment - the designer was probably referring to DDO, not the pnp game, and that game is an MMO, and does have "end game". As a matter of fact, currently, to reach level cap, you have to repeatedly run the dungeons (with diminishing returns on the xp). DDO is also getting ready to release it's first paid expansion. I would guess Bioware grabbed him off of Turbine's DDO team.

Dranzen
02.15.2012 , 12:35 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
I will wait untill patch 1.2

If that patch, does not bring something that will make me log on most of the days in the week, then i am not gona pay for it anymore.

I'm tired of loging on only on tuesdays to clear EV and KP in 4 hours and then have nothing else to do for the res tof the week in the game due to lack of content (both single player content and group content ->4-16<-), and no, pvp is not something i enjoy and wouldent want to pvp for 7 days anyway.

Add content that makes me log in and play daily, or im quiting if patch 1.2 doesnt add that.
I guess you can go and do your dailies.

You do know the OP was writing satirically. The world first 50 was not an assasin and it was not in 3 days. Also Nightmare mode full clear of EV wasn't until mid January.

Rantank
02.15.2012 , 12:40 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Dranzen View Post
I'm wondering if the OP's style of removing key words was also part of it. If so, then it may be a 4 out of 10.

Also the fact he never posted after the initial 2 posts should be key to MMO satire posts, at least from the WoW forums.
I think the reason it's not so easy to spot as satire is it fails to meet one of the prereqs for good satire. It creates ridicule over this kind of gamer sure.. but there's no aftertaste requiring any thought.

I'll go back to my bucket of coffee and reread again later.
War is when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when the people finally realize who the real enemy is. ― Anonymous

Dranzen
02.15.2012 , 12:43 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Rantank View Post
I think the reason it's not so easy to spot as satire is it fails to meet one of the prereqs for good satire. It creates ridicule over this kind of gamer sure.. but there's no aftertaste requiring any thought.

I'll go back to my bucket of coffee and reread again later.
I wouldn't waste your time. It's definitely not worth it except for this awesome gem:
Quote:
Secondly, 1 guy for 3 jobs.. what is this??? > lemme explain...
GABE AMANTANGELO
Don't forget this name cause this is the name of the person who singlehandly DESTROYED the Star Wars's good name.
This guy has 3 title in Bioware's Old republic. Which is,
Lead PvP designer
Lead Flashpoints designer
Lead Operations designer
I actually laughed out loud at that.