Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weak dmg

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BobaFurz
02.14.2012 , 12:22 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Thankyjack View Post
BH only levels faster until late 20s early 30s, then not so much.

Operatives and Sorcerers are the fastest leveling ACs in the game.
Powertech was the fastest so far out of all four classes I played and operative the slowest for me, until I got Dr. Loki and at lvl 36 my opener. Healing and lethality is probably better at the beginning.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

GeorgZoeller
02.14.2012 , 01:02 PM | #92 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFurz View Post
I did test several classes up to lvl 16, sorcerer, warrior, BH and Operative. I did with all classes aswell pvp for at least 2 lvls.
Please understand that comparing damage between classes at an arbitrary level (16) is not going to yield any useful insight into power differences between classes.

iraqcombatvet
02.14.2012 , 05:18 PM | #93
Ah, well....dmg for a level 17 is going to be much less than a 50. However, Biowares new idea of the surge nerf has greatly reduced dps capabilities. Pretty sad if you ask me.

MillaLyte
02.14.2012 , 05:26 PM | #94
At level 50 in full champ, explain to me why my dmg is able to be reduced/mitigated to 1-2k crit hs/sf ? How am I expected to kill med/heavy armor when they have 17-25k HP in some extremes higher than that... Where's my armor pen? Oh ya it got nerfed too -_-

Hoff
02.14.2012 , 05:29 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Please understand that comparing damage between classes at an arbitrary level (16) is not going to yield any useful insight into power differences between classes.

A wild developer has appeared. Master Ball go........

Based on my non-arbitrary level 50 powertech and lvl 50 operative, why does my powertech do way more damage AND way more burst while also having MORE survivability and actually having utility?

Another note: If melee classes and ranged classes are meant to do the same DPS in raids and PvP, then all knockbacks need to be removed (especially from operations). If knockbacks are going to remain, then melee need to do more DPS than ranged and/or have way more utility than ranged.

Sprigum
02.14.2012 , 05:36 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Even though I completely agree that an arbitrary glance at level 16 isn't going to yield much in the way of fruitful comparisons I can't help but agree with the statement as a whole.

I think myself and other operatives feel that we're lacking in almost every specialization, we simply fill roles that are better filled by other AC's.

I'm curious if the lack of comments in this sub forum is an indication that you guys are quietly working on something, or if you guys (Bioware) simply don't feel there is a problem.

Furthermore if the differences stopped at a numerical basis that would be much less troublesome, one of the glaring issues is that we simply don't have the powerful toolset and utility of other classes.

Many of the operatives in this forum don't feel anyone is listening. I'm at least heartened by the fact that you're here reading stuff.

Metalmac
02.14.2012 , 05:40 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Sprigum View Post
Even though I completely agree that an arbitrary glance at level 16 isn't going to yield much in the way of fruitful comparisons I can't help but agree with the statement as a whole.

I think myself and other operatives feel that we're lacking in almost every specialization, we simply fill roles that are better filled by other AC's.

I'm curious if the lack of comments in this sub forum is an indication that you guys are quietly working on something, or if you guys (Bioware) simply don't feel there is a problem.

Furthermore if the differences stopped at a numerical basis that would be much less troublesome, one of the glaring issues is that we simply don't have the powerful toolset and utility of other classes.

Many of the operatives in this forum don't feel anyone is listening. I'm at least heartened by the fact that you're here reading stuff.

TRY ASKING FOR ANYTHING AS A REPUBLIC SCRAPPER FOR A FIX WHEN THE OPERATIVE DOES 4 TIMES AS MANY MOVES AS A SCRAPPER.

Want to compare, do a duel between them and watch the Operative on his 4th move while the Scrapper is still pulling the shot gun off his back for the second time.

Sprigum
02.14.2012 , 05:43 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
TRY ASKING FOR ANYTHING AS A REPUBLIC SCRAPPER FOR A FIX WHEN THE OPERATIVE DOES 4 TIMES AS MANY MOVES AS A SCRAPPER.

Want to compare, do a duel between them and watch the Operative on his 4th move while the Scrapper is still pulling the shot gun off his back for the second time.
Animation issues are intrinsic to your particular AC, and I'm not saying those aren't legitimate issues, but even without those problems the class can be quite underwhelming.

Metalmac
02.14.2012 , 05:49 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Sprigum View Post
Animation issues are intrinsic to your particular AC, and I'm not saying those aren't legitimate issues, but even without those problems the class can be quite underwhelming.
Thanks I have a few Operatives I talk to and all quite quickly agree that the Scrapper Animations in PVP with a 1 vs 1 just hands the Operative the win by default.

It is beyond frustration to watch the other guy just move at 2 times my speed but is supposed to be a mirror class.

Bio Ware has to be blind to this and never once tested the class mirrors.

Sprigum
02.14.2012 , 05:52 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
Thanks I have a few Operatives I talk to and all quite quickly agree that the Scrapper Animations in PVP with a 1 vs 1 just hands the Operative the win by default.

It is beyond frustration to watch the other guy just move at 2 times my speed but is supposed to be a mirror class.

Bio Ware has to be blind to this and never once tested the class mirrors.
I want to play on even ground against my opponents, so I hope they fix whatever issues you guys are experiencing.