Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Using an Alt for crafting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Using an Alt for crafting.

Kressilac
12.15.2011 , 08:35 AM | #1
Assuming you level the alt far enough to get your first companion, can you use a level 10 alt to do nothing but craft and run crew skill missions or do later levels of crafting force an appropriate leveled character? Are there recipes that can only be had through raiding like in WoW? Are there recipes that can only be had through higher level content?

I'd like my main to be a gatherer that can pass off materials as needed to my alt(s). Is this viable?

icengr
12.15.2011 , 08:39 AM | #2
I cant remember if there is a lvl requirement for crafting too. I believe the only problem would be the mats. but your other characters would be able to provide them. afaik that should work. at lvl 10 you would only have one companion though. I will do something similar. but I will lvl my 1st char to 50 and then use him for crafting.

rocdogg
12.15.2011 , 09:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kressilac View Post
Assuming you level the alt far enough to get your first companion, can you use a level 10 alt to do nothing but craft and run crew skill missions or do later levels of crafting force an appropriate leveled character? Are there recipes that can only be had through raiding like in WoW? Are there recipes that can only be had through higher level content?

I'd like my main to be a gatherer that can pass off materials as needed to my alt(s). Is this viable?
There will be some items that require a crafting skill to use, like reusable medpacks, that will be of no use to your alt, and your main won't be able to use them. You would be better off using your alt to do mission stuff with credits sent from your main, while you assign your main a crafting skill.