Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Graphic Settings not what they show.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Graphic Settings not what they show.

Raximillian
12.15.2011 , 08:25 AM | #1
There is no bug forum, or tech support forums, so putting this here. The game may be running at different settings than what it shows. For example, I had VSYNC enabled, but I was getting tearing. So I had to disable, apply, re-enable, apply, and it finally took the setting.

Also, the game was running really slow. 12-30 FPS. And everything was set to low (or so I thought). So I went in, set everything to high, apply, set it to low again, apply and BOOM!! 40-60 FPS. So it seems the settings may be different from what it shows. If you have low FPS, try that. Set it all to high, apply, then back down to low, apply, and see what happens.

Thanks,

Rax.

Perack
12.15.2011 , 08:41 AM | #2
Thanks for confirming this.. I've seen several other posts from people saying the same thing. Hopefully reapplying settings changes several times will help with my random lag/fps drops.

Kinda amazed a bug like this has made it to launch.

Saprezzan
12.15.2011 , 08:44 AM | #3
I tried to do this - e.g. setting graphics to low, restarting, setting it to high, restarting...and no cigar. Still low quality textures for me.

ForceSeeker
12.15.2011 , 08:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Saprezzan View Post
I tried to do this - e.g. setting graphics to low, restarting, setting it to high, restarting...and no cigar. Still low quality textures for me.
After you put everything to low, did you go into shadows and make sure that setting was 'OFF' and not just 'LOW'? Try that if you didn't.
Relax, it's just a game.

Saprezzan
12.15.2011 , 09:37 AM | #5
Just to make sure, I retraced those steps, making sure shadows were "off". Still no joy.

Or maybe there is an improvement - but if it's there, it's minimal; I can't see it.